We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are the fatal leaves changing in Sedona right now?

Which Sedona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Save Topic
Are the fatal leaves changing in Sedona right now?

Wondering if I should go up there now to see all the fall colors or wait another week? Anyone know what it is like now? Thanks

Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
4,501 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are the fatal leaves changing in Sedona right now?

Wow, watch out for those fatal leaves... :o)

(imagine how "disappointed in Sedona" you would be then... :o)

Sorry could not resist...I know the OP is just looking for fall colors, but had to respond...it was still in the 90's down here in the valley, we might just miss fall if we blink, so what does it look like up north all?

Edited: 15 October 2012, 03:47
Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
56,957 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are the fatal leaves changing in Sedona right now?

I'll be driving back to Sedona on Monday and expect to see colors in Oak Creek Canyon. I'll post for sure once I get there.

Wickenburg, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Wickenburg
Level Contributor
2,741 posts
751 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are the fatal leaves changing in Sedona right now?

Yup, was also wondering about these fatal leaves, quite honestly ... guess some leaves are fatal if you swallow them ... sorry

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
6,382 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Are the fatal leaves changing in Sedona right now?

My friend was up there last weekend, (Oct 6) and she said the fall colors were just barely starting to show. I'm guessing they're even prettier by now! Would love to hear an update from a local. RR, you home yet? :)

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
56,957 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Are the fatal leaves changing in Sedona right now?

Arrived home this afternoon. Oak Ceek Canyon is still mostly green. Lots of color up on the rim around Flagstaff. The next 2-4 weeks around Sedona should be beautiful.

Little Rock...
Level Contributor
938 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Are the fatal leaves changing in Sedona right now?

Wahooo! Sounds great. We'll be there in 12 days. Fall colors, full moon. It's going to be beautiful!

7. Re: Are the fatal leaves changing in Sedona right now?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2013, 10:15