We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One day, one night. Advice?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Topic
One day, one night. Advice?

Hi TA,

I will be in Tempe, Az on business and am tagging on one additional day and night in Sedona. I have been to Sedona once before, but I will be bringing my boyfriend along this time and he has never been. We will be going November 16th. A few questions:

1. We will be in Tempe the night before seeing a show. Should we try to make the drive to Sedona late at night (around 11 am) or should we get up early and make the drive in the morning. I guess the main question is- will we miss any amazing views on the drive in if we go at night?

2. I am thinking of booking a jeep tour for the morning and then maybe doing one more hike and then dinner. Any suggestion for a sunset hike/spot? I know the sun is setting very early so we don't have many hours in the day.

We have to leave early Saturday morning to get back to the airport. So we really just have that one full day.

Thanks!!

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
59,254 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One day, one night. Advice?

Leave Tempe as early as you can in the morning. Don't drive at night.

Do the jeep hour when you arrive. Visit the Chapel and maybe walk on Bell Rock. In Oak Creek Canyon go for a hike at West Fork.

Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
4,620 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One day, one night. Advice?

Agreed, do not make the drive late at night, there is nothing to see along the way really, lots of desert and a mountain pass. Driving into Sedona and seeing the red rocks with the first light of the morning will be beautiful!

3. Re: One day, one night. Advice?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 December 2013, 10:17