We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pink Jeep Tours - Motion Sickness

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
122 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Pink Jeep Tours - Motion Sickness

First of all, let me say that our trip to Sedona and GCNP was absolutely amazing! It was our first trip, and we can't wait to go back! And a HUGE thank you to all the posters in this forum for their advice...although I didn't post much while planning our trip, I used numerous tips to make our trip even better!

Prior to our trip, we heard so many good things about the Pink Jeep tours and we really wanted to do it. However, I suffer from motion sickness, and we were hesitant to book due to that reason. I couldn't find much in the forum on this topic, so I wanted to post my experience for others that suffer from motion sickness. To give an idea of how I do with motion sickness, I have been fine on cruises, but put me on a snorkel boat and I will be "chumming" over the side. I also occasionally get car sick, although it's hard to predict when that will happen (happy to report I did fine on the winding roads in the hills around Sedona). I've had a couple of vacation experiences ruined by motion sickness and the after-effects (extreme drowsiness) of Dramamine.

We decided to book the two-hour Broken Arrow Tour, and I popped a Bonine the morning of the tour (much less drowsy than Dramamine). I was still nervous about getting sick, so I asked to sit in the front seat with the driver. He good-naturedly joked about the hole in the floor of the jeep for cleaning purposes and asked that I aim in that direction if needed. I am happy to report that I didn't feel nauseous even once during the trip, and I think I would have been fine even without the Bonine. I was so focused on looking at the scenery around me that I was not looking inside the vehicle at any time (one of my triggers), and my husband was in charge of taking pictures so that I wasn't looking at a camera screen while moving (another trigger). In a previous post on this topic, I noticed a few people commenting to that poster that the jeeps go slow, so you won't get motion sickness. For those that suffer from it, you know that speed - whether slow or fast - has nothing to do with whether or not you're going to get sick. The jeeps do move pretty slowly and do quite a bit of climbing up and down rocks, but I never felt queasy.

The tour was amazing, and we were able to see things that we wouldn't have seen otherwise. We booked the two-hour tour instead of the three-hour combo tour in case I got sick, and I wish now that we had done the three-hour combo tour. So for those of you who suffer from motion sickness, go for it!!!

(Sorry for the long post, but I hope this is helpful for some of you!)

M Diamond Ranch
Sightseeing Tours
Sedona Sacred Earth
Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Great West Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
60,779 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pink Jeep Tours - Motion Sickness

Thanks for sharing the good news. Hopefully you'll write a Trip Report about your full vacation. And I highly recommend that you copy and paste this post as a review for Pink Jeep tours . I'm sure it will be helpful to others.

Sedona
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
3,345 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pink Jeep Tours - Motion Sickness

So glad that you decided to go although you had some doubts. It sounds like it worked out great. Thanks for posting here, and I like the suggestion to post this as a review on PJ Tours as well...maybe as "No Motion Sickness."

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
122 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pink Jeep Tours - Motion Sickness

Yes, I definitely plan to post a review to Pink Jeep Tours so that others know. It was a huge concern of mine, and I am so relieved that I was able to enjoy the tour! I hope others will find my forum post and/or review if they have the same concern.

Sedona
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
3,345 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pink Jeep Tours - Motion Sickness

That's great. I bet others have wondered about it.

Sedona, Arizona
Level Contributor
449 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pink Jeep Tours - Motion Sickness

Having a son with extreme motion sickness, Bonine is a lifesaver. He has to use it even before riding the Verde Canyon Train! Costs more, but no drowsiness.

6. Re: Pink Jeep Tours - Motion Sickness

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 19:16