We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quick trip with kids

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Topic
Quick trip with kids

Hello all,

I am traveling to Scottsdale to visit a friend for 2 days with my newborn (3 mo). We've decided to take a day to go to Sedona. We will have her 2 year old and 1 year old and my baby. What can we do get the best view/experience with the kids? Either a light short trail or just a nice picnic spot, nice drive, nice park, etc. Something to go away with a 'wow' even without being able to jeep or hike. Obviously can't stay in the car all day with these ages so need something other than nice drives (although feel free to share that too!).

Any other relevant advice welcome!

Thanks, Eeta

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
60,833 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quick trip with kids

Bell Rock, Chapel of the Holy Cross and Red Rock Crossing aka Crescent Moon SP.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
11 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quick trip with kids

Chuck wagon trail is flat and offers good views. I also recommend Broken Arrow Trail which leads to Chicken Point.

Harleysville...
Destination Expert
for Fountain Hills
Level Contributor
5,188 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quick trip with kids

Get some sandwiches and go to Red Rock Crossing as mentioned by RedRox. Plenty of room for the two year old to run around and the view of the creek and of Cathedral Rock are awesome.

I would also try to visit the Chapel of the Holy Cross, but hold on to the hand of the little one up there. Terrific views and inspiring building.

Sedona
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
3,344 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Quick trip with kids

The Chapel of the Holy Cross definitely has the wow factor, and and the area outside would be a great place for pictures. The parking lot is pretty busy.. Your friend probably has a double stroller because that would be easier in the parking lot and going up the hill to the Chapel itself.

You may enjoy walking through Tlaquepaque which is just a little further on Hwy.179.

5. Re: Quick trip with kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2013, 02:16