We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need trail recommendation inSedona

San Jose, California
5 posts
Save Topic
Need trail recommendation inSedona

Hi, I will be in Sedona 12/24 and 25 for a relaxing trip. We are a family of 4 with 2 children at the age of 20. I am looking for good sightseeing trails and activities for the 2 days of our stay. Thanks.

Sedona
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
3,278 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need trail recommendation inSedona

For how many hours? Easy, intermediate, advanced?

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need trail recommendation inSedona

I would suggest stopping by the Forest Service Visitors Center on your way into Sedona on Hwy 179. They have a very nice new visitors center and lots of volunteers to help you with trails and such. The Bell Rock Pathway area has many options for easy to difficult trails and of course all trails here have spectacular views. The visitors center has free maps. I would avoid the canyon right now as it doesn't get much sun and is cold.

San Jose, California
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Need trail recommendation inSedona

Easy to intermediate hike will work for us. The most important part is the view. I will be staying close to the west side of west sedona.

Kipling. SK
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park
Level Contributor
6,268 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need trail recommendation inSedona

redrockcountry.org/maps/map-graphics/red-roc…

I have hiked Courthouse Loop(not too fond of this one) in conjunction with Bell rock. Bell rock would be one of the popular iconic hikes.

I also hiked Brins Mesa which I recommend.

Other trails that I have seen mentioned are Cathedral and Airport Mesa/Loop

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need trail recommendation inSedona

Courthouse and Bell Rock are on the South East Side. Cathedral is not intermediate and also to the South of Sedona. Airport Mesa has vista views but can be dangerous if there is high winds like today! There are a lot of view trails in West Sedona. Make it really easy for yourself and stop by the visitors center when you are here to get advice and help considering the conditions when you are here.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
Level Contributor
4,240 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need trail recommendation inSedona

Fay Canyon and Soldier's Pass are close by and more intermediate. You can do Soldier's Pass and Brin's Mesa as a loop if you have the time and get different perpectives of the area. Doe Mountain is steep, but relatively short in length (for another option).

Sedona
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
3,278 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need trail recommendation inSedona

You could Hike Bell Rock. Also you could go to Red Rock State Park which is in W. Sedona. There are lots of trails there, and you can see the back of Cathedral Rock. (Great pictures.)They have a movie, and I believe they have guided walks at around 10 a.m. (I am on my IPad, so I can't Google it.)

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
58,336 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need trail recommendation inSedona

The key is to hike on different sides of Sedona. Views will be everywhere. I like Bell or Courthouse for the south side. Choose Brins Mesa or Fay Canyon or Boynton Canyon for the north/west side of town. And of course Red Rock Crossing is a must.

You really don't have enough time.

Sedona
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
3,278 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Need trail recommendation inSedona

You have lots of choices now!

There is an admission fee to RR State Park. Oh, they close at 2 the 24th and all day Christmas. Here's a link:

azstateparks.com/Parks/RERO/index.html

Kipling. SK
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park
Level Contributor
6,268 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Need trail recommendation inSedona

Location from my experience in Sedona is a non issue. It doesn't take long to get around Sedona via the main routes. I agree to try and experience a hike out of the different regions. Make sure to get your Red Rock pass.