We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renewing Vows ????

Madison
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Renewing Vows ????

We will be in Sedona on our 10th Wedding Anniversary in June - is there a really awesome spiritual place we could renew our vows? Who would do it.

Ideas? opinions? comments??

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,851 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Renewing Vows ????

Chapel of the Holy Cross.

…10-best.info/sedonachapel.html

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Renewing Vows ????

My friend just got married at Talaquepaqi in Sedona. I don't know about spiritual but its absolutely beautiful around the terrace and the water fountain. http://tlaq.com/

www.visitsedona.com

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Renewing Vows ????

should be Tlaquepaque

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Renewing Vows ????

Take a look at the websites below.

http://www.sedonaweddingpa.com/

www.visitsedona.com/index.php…

I agree, Tlaquepaque Chapel is beautiful. Outdoor ceremonies are beautiful as well.

Madison
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Renewing Vows ????

100% want out door something more mystical then religious

Harleysville...
Destination Expert
for Fountain Hills
Level Contributor
5,044 posts
381 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Renewing Vows ????

I have seen at least 4 weddings at Red Rock Crossing Park standing in front of Cathedral Rock. It is a nice scenic area and while I'm not into vortexes, I do believe there is supposed to be a spot in that area. We have seen a couple of vortex tour groups around there.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Renewing Vows ????

Make sure that whomever you choose to do there cermony has a permit from the Red Rock Ranger District to perform weddings on public lands. This is a big deal around here. If we didn't have the permit program this area would be over run.

If any of the wedding sites above have permits you will see an endorsement stating:

"Permitted by the Coconino National Forest" I suggest calling the Red Rock Ranger District at 928-282-4119

Red Rock Crossing is one of the most used sites but there are also spots off Upper Red Rock Loop Road that I more private and offer spectacular views of Catheral Rock. Easy access from the road as well.

Sedona,Az
Level Contributor
6 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Renewing Vows ????

Bell Rock is as inspirational and spiritual and beatiful as you are going to get in Sedona. The chapel is awsome but alway crowded with tourists.

If it were me, after 35 years of marriage, I'd write my own vows and send them up to the universe, easy to do at Bell it touches the Blue sky and it's filled with nature. All you need is a $5 red rock pass ffrom the Chamber in uptown.... look into your honey's eyes and listen to each others voices and words... doesn't get any better than that...hope you enjoy what ever you do

Toronto, ON
Level Contributor
121 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Renewing Vows ????

We are getting married in September at Red Rock Crossing. Our Wedding Coordinator is Karen Lynn (and has been doing weddings in Sedona for years and years - and she makes sure she has all the permits etc.). I did a LOT of research, and ensured we hired Sedona professionals - in Sedona those in the Wedding business seem to know each other too (so you will easily find out who is good in the business and who is not). Sedona has a lot of talented people so you can easily get the Best and not have to pay a ton of cash.

Depending on how simple you want or elaborate - the Red Rock locations are endless. You may even just want to speak to a Wedding Coordinator (less headaches in the long run).

Just to give you an idea : Our wedding is small so I have Oman Ken playing Harp at the Wedding location on the Red Rocks at Sun Set (also great lighting for photos at that time - the Rocks just seem to gleam at that time), before during and after the ceremony he is playing.

Award winning photographer Pamela Duffy is doing our photo's.

Another Award winner this time the owner of world renound Sedona Cakes is doing our wedding cake.

Our wedding coordinator has arranged for a beautiful 1920's Bentley as our transportation to and from the ceremony location. I could go on and on. My advice, get a coordinator - the cost for them is minimal, also shop around for pricing etc. to ensure you are getting a good deal and not "ripped off".

As mentioned there are lots of talented people in Sedona's Wedding Scene so if you get the right folk straight off - your day will certainly run smooth and be headache free.

Congratulations.

Regards, Caroline