We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spas resorts similar to Enchantment?

Which Sedona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
229 posts
140 reviews
Save Topic
Spas resorts similar to Enchantment?

My mom and I visited Enchantment almost 10 years ago and the memories I have are grand - but the price for 2 nights is more than hubby and I want to spend. Are there other similar spas/resorts? My greatest memories are of stepping out of our room and being surrounded by the incredible red rocks as well as having the most amazing massage outdoor on the cliff. Since it will be March, i'm guessing the outdoor massage will be out of the question, but we're looking for an overall similar experience. Suggestions?

Thanks!

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
56,379 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spas resorts similar to Enchantment?

There's nothing else like Enchantment. That is to say there's nothing else like that location and the morning views that impressed you so much.

As for spas, there are plenty of others. It's all about how much you're willing to spend. Outdoor massages are possible in March, but dependent on weather.

Give us a budget and perhaps we can make some suggestions. Is a spa vacation the priority? Or would you be looking to experience Sedona?

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
229 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spas resorts similar to Enchantment?

I would like to stay below 400 per night. We would probably like one spa day and one experience Sedona/pink jeep tour day. Thnx!

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
229 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spas resorts similar to Enchantment?

I would like to stay below 400 per night (or up to the 5s if massage and perhaps bkfst is included.) We would probably like one spa day and one experience Sedona/pink jeep tour day. Thx!

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
56,379 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Spas resorts similar to Enchantment?

Take a look at L'Auberge

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
6,345 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Spas resorts similar to Enchantment?

L'Auberge would be my recommendation, too. Otherwise, there are plenty of B&Bs with beautiful views.

You might also take a look at the Briar Patch Inn. It's located in Oak Creek Canyon, right on the creek, so views are of the Canyon, trees, and creek, not the red rocks. Still gorgeous, though. The proprietors are really sweet and helpful, too. Here's the main reason I thought of the Briar Patch - they have a semi-enclosed massage gazebo on a cliff overlooking the creek. It's private, and enclosed on three sides with a roof, but one side is open to the creek. I believe they have a heater in there for when it gets chilly, so you might be ok in March. Call and ask them about it - I've always thought it would be a fantastic place for a massage! They also do facials, and they have yoga classes on the lawn.

briarpatchinn.com/sedona-massage-and-facials…

Edited: 09 January 2013, 19:56
Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
6,345 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Spas resorts similar to Enchantment?

Oops, sorry - the yoga is only in the summer.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
229 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Spas resorts similar to Enchantment?

Thanks to both of you! Hummingbird, can you suggest a few B&Bs with beautiful red rock views?

PS - that creekside massage sounds amazing!

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
56,379 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Spas resorts similar to Enchantment?

http://www.visitsedona.com/listings/167

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
6,345 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Spas resorts similar to Enchantment?

Here's a few, although there are many more. Be aware that not all rooms at some of these B&Bs have red rock views; check the websites for add'l info:

Inn on Oak Creek - This is one of our favorites. Not all rooms have red rock views, but the ones that do are amazing. The Rose Arbor room is one of the nicest; the jacuzzi tub even has red rock views. Close to Uptown, but also close to Hwy 179. (We didn't find it a problem, though.)

Sedona Views B&B

Boots and Saddles - Take a look at the Ghost Rider room, too.

Adobe Grand Vilas - This place is pricey, but the rooms are amazing, and the service is excellent. Would be a great place to have an in-room couples massage, which the B&B can arrange. Same as above, not all rooms have great RR views.

Sedona Cathedral Hideaway

Canyon Villa B&B - This place isn't right in Sedona, it's in the Village of Oak Creek. The views are beautiful, though, and service is excellent.

One other place that isn't a B&B is the Sedona Rouge Hotel and Spa. The location itself isn't my favorite, and service can sometimes be hit or miss, but they have spa suites that are beautiful, with views of the red rocks, and you have the option of treatments in your room, or in their spa.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
56,379 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Spas resorts similar to Enchantment?

Don't fret about views from your room. There are views everywhere in Sedona and your vacation memories are going to have nothing to do with what you see from your window. Trust me on this. Nothing will compare to what you recall from Enchantment.

Edited: 09 January 2013, 23:55