We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

On our way into Sedona

Which Sedona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
144 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
On our way into Sedona

Hello -

We will be arriving in Phoenix around 9:30 am. On our way to Sedona, I was going to stop at Chapel of the Holy Cross and hike the Cathedral Rock Trail since they are both south of Sedona. We are headed to the Grand Canyon after Sedona so I would like to visit everything south on our way in. Is there anything else we should see? Also, is there a good place for a late breakfast/early lunch south of Sedona? We will be on east coast time so we will be fairly hungry by the time we arrive.

Thanks!

West Chicago...
Level Contributor
2,468 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: On our way into Sedona

I highly recommend Rock Springs Café and Saloon located at 35769 South Old Canyon Highway in Rock Springs. It's right on the way to Sedona. They serve breakfast until 11am and then they switch over to lunch. Regardless what meal you have, order some pie. Phenomenal pie!!!

When I travel I usually like to mix up all my meals and not repeat. Liked them so much that I ate there on way to Sedona AND on way back from Sedona this past November.

http://www.rockspringscafe.com/

Also on your way to Sedona is Montezuma's Castle and Montezuma's Well. I actually prefer Montezuma's Well which is free. Neither take a lot of time and are interesting. However, I wouldn't make a priority of them. You don't say how long you will be in Sedona. If only for a short time, then I would head right to Sedona following that breakfast/lunch and skip the Montezuma sites. But if you're staying for a few days, they would be worthwhile to visit.

http://www.nps.gov/moca/index.htm

Keith

Edited: 14 January 2013, 03:08
Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
56,441 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: On our way into Sedona

Cathedral Rock and the Chapel are both on the south side of Sedona off highway 179, but they are IN Sedona. Don't think you're saving time by putting these on the front end. Once you get to these spots, you're already in Sedona.

Keith is right about Rock Springs Cafe. It's just north of PHX and a little more than an hour from Sedona. It's a popular spot for it's charm and history. And after that you won't have many options until you get to Sedona.

Harleysville...
Destination Expert
for Fountain Hills
Level Contributor
4,934 posts
374 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: On our way into Sedona

I too recommend stopping at Montezuma Castle on the way into Sedona if you are staying in Sedona for a few days. It's a small but interesting site and you can see everything in 45 minutes. So many people we have taken there have really appreciated it.

Also concur with Rock Springs. It's one of our favorite pie stops.

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
144 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: On our way into Sedona

Thanks! We are only in Sedona for 2 days so we will see how the timing works out with Montezumas Castle.

5. Re: On our way into Sedona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2014, 06:17