We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 nights in Grand Canyon/2 in Sedona

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
26 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
3 nights in Grand Canyon/2 in Sedona

Does this make sense? We booked the mule ride in the GC for the day after we arrive and thought we would hike the day after that. And then drive to Sedona for 2 nights. As a side night we are driving from Vegas and will be staying in Vegas for 2 nights. We've been to Vegas several times but this is our first trip to the Grand Canyon and Sedona. Looking forward to it.

Mentioned in this post
Chicago
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
Level Contributor
4,526 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 nights in Grand Canyon/2 in Sedona

When are you visiting? I think you'll regret not spending more time in Sedona. I'd drop a night at GC. You could still do a morning hike below the rim at GC and head to Sedona for two additional full days there.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
63,464 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 nights in Grand Canyon/2 in Sedona

I'd reverse the ratio too.

Are you doing the over night mule trip to Phantom Ranch or just the rim trail ride?

Most people who spend less than three nights at Sedona regret not giving it more time.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
26 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 nights in Grand Canyon/2 in Sedona

Thanks for the quick responses, To RedRox, no we are not doing the overnight mule trip to Phantom ranch, just the rim trail ride. What can we do in Sedona for 3 days?

The Grand Canyon reservations are for 8/27 and we know I have to work around that reservation. I was thinking of adding Sedona at the end of the trip, which will push us to Labor Day Weekend.

I'm thinking of staying at a B&B, maybe Canyon River. Thoughts?

Chicago
Level Contributor
32 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 nights in Grand Canyon/2 in Sedona

hmm. I am planning a trip in late march to GC and was deciding where to go in addition. Have only 4-5 days. Perhaps 2 in GC and 2 in Sedona makes most sense for family of 5 (3 teenagers and 2 parents). Jeep tour, hiking, sounds fabulous!

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
63,464 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3 nights in Grand Canyon/2 in Sedona

www.visitsedona.com

Three days is a minimum for Sedona. Most visitors who stay for less than that regret not planning more time

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
26 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 3 nights in Grand Canyon/2 in Sedona

Can I get suggestions for a B&B?

7. Re: 3 nights in Grand Canyon/2 in Sedona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2014, 05:19