We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant changes

Which Sedona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sedona
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
3,267 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant changes

Bodacious Burgers is closed. There is a sign on the door saying that changes are being made, so they must be coming back. Call first to find out if they have reopened.

Ken's Creekside is contracting to manage Redstone in the Village of Oak Creek starting February3. (Give them a few days or a couple of weeks to get settled!)

A new Mongolian BBQ will be opening in the Village where A Fork in the Road was, but I'm not sure of the opening date.

Harleysville...
Destination Expert
for Fountain Hills
Level Contributor
4,938 posts
375 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant changes

Wow - thanks Kate. I'm wondering what's up with Bodacious Burgers. We ate there in November and it was great. It still has been getting good reviews. Maybe there was a personal problem.

Is Ken's keeping the Creekside Restaurant open? I hope so.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
56,537 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant changes

Blair is having some health problems and the city was giving him a hard time over a sewer issue, hopefully, he'll return.

I don't give the Ken's management company much hope at Redstone. Not because they can't do it, but more because they have to deal with the politics of the VOCA board of directors. Yes, Ken's Creekside will remain open. They are managed by a group from the Midwest.

Kate, who is behind the Mongolian BBQ?

Sedona
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
3,267 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant changes

I hope that Blair recovers and works this out. My husband is a big burger fan!

Apparently Ken's has other locations in AZ, and they are just taking over management of Redstone.

Redrox, I don't know who owns the Mongolian restaurant.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
56,537 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant changes

Janss PMed me and let me know that the BBQ guys are my neighbors! Do you know if it's a franchise? Some friends we were with today told us that they have been to Mongolian BBQs in St Louis.

Sedona
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
3,267 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant changes

I'm not sure, but I don't think it is a franchise. It's called Mongo's. They will offer meat, vegetables, and sauces to grill in one area, have a martini and other bar in another section, and have an alcove with a flat screen TV where they will show some Netflix movies. They have lowered the ceiling to reduce the noise.

They plan to stay open till 10, and they'll have a Mongo Congo line at 9:10. Hope the Night Owls will be sure to visit them to keep the late hours going.

Sounds interesting!

They don't have a definite opening date yet, but think they will for sure be open by Valentine's Day and possibly by 2/7-2/10.

Edited: 02 February 2013, 04:36
6. Re: Restaurant changes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 February 2014, 06:19