We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

King's Ransom Hotel

Willow Springs, IL
2 posts
Save Topic
King's Ransom Hotel

Has anyone stayed at the King's Ransom Hotel? My friend and I are looking at the Redstone Tours package which includes 2 nights stay here. We will not have a car and are wondering if we can walk to restaurants/shops from here. Also, if you have stayed here do you recommend it? Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Redstone Tours
Redstone Tours
161 Reviews
Sedona, AZ
Red Rock Magic Trolley
Tramways, Sightseeing Tours
Great West Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Sedona Psychic Wisdom Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, Private Tours
Sedona, AZ
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: King's Ransom Hotel

You can walk to restaraunts and shops from the Kings Ransom. The hotel is right on Hwy 179 by the creek but not on Oak Creek. You can walk to Tlaquepaque, Hillside, Hozho and up the hill to Uptown which is a nice walk with spectacular views of Snoopy Rock and Mitten Ridge. I haven't stayed there or eaten at their hotel but it is a good location.

Mentioned in this post
Snoopy Rock
Snoopy Rock
380 Reviews
Sedona, AZ
Harleysville...
Destination Expert
for Fountain Hills
Level Contributor
5,265 posts
429 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: King's Ransom Hotel

We stayed there a Sunday a week ago. They just changed from being a Quality Inn to independent and have some kinks to work out. We stayed as it was dog friendly and we have been trying out all the various dog properties in Sedona. Our room was wonderful and they have a sliding glass door that opens for fresh air. It was very clean. The outside courtyard is beautiful and very well kept. My sister and her husband were at the other end of the bldg and their AC didn't work. The man at the front desk was not properly trained and while he was very nice - he didn't know what he was doing so check out took a long time. There are workers there during the day as it seems they are redoing all the rooms. Both my sisters room and ours was very nice.

The restaurant has been closed since December and the website doesn't tell you that. TThey are redoing it completely under the new ownership. We also had hoped to walk to Talaquepaque but felt the road to busy.

The pool and spa area was extremely clean and the views are very good from there.

Willow Springs, IL
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: King's Ransom Hotel

Thank you so much for your feedback. I was wondering why they didn't have a restaurant but you've answered taht question.