We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for hotel with a great view from patio / balcony

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
535 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for hotel with a great view from patio / balcony

I know it's too early to think about Thanksgiving, but our plans are pretty much set - after passing through Sedona staying for several hours several times we have decided to come for several days during Thanksgiving to relax and just enjoy views, walks, galleries etc.

For those 3 nights I'd like to pick a hotel with a view from the room / balcony / patio and with southwest character, maybe heated pool / jacuzzi would be nice.

Something below 200 per night would work.

I'm looking at this Best Western Plus of Sedona - looks pretty nice on pictures, but maybe somebody can recommend a better alternative.

http://www.booking.com/hotel/us/sedona-1200-highway-69a.en-us.html?sid=3a022eb182b812450b88d9649e05e7e2;dcid=1;checkin=2013-11-29;checkout=2013-12-01;srfid=f69624d5bb17aedacf5292b6e0e44906c762c114X10

Thanks!

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
59,254 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for hotel with a great view from patio / balcony

Look at Best Western Arroyo Robles or Matterhorn.

You won't be swimming in Late Nov. Hot tub maybe.

Book soon. Thanksgiving is a busy time in Sedona.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
535 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for hotel with a great view from patio / balcony

Also Orchards Inn looks quite interesting, but comments about parking lot, restrooms and bus parking is a concern.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g31352-d225511-…

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
59,254 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for hotel with a great view from patio / balcony

I'd put it at number four on the list so far.

Sedona, Arizona
Level Contributor
449 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for hotel with a great view from patio / balcony

I've not been to the Matternhorn yet but work occasionally at the Best Western Arroyo Robles and their views are spectacular. The balcony is one gianormous area, with chairs/tables set out. Nice area if you have children as they can play on the deck. And the views are outstanding!

Edited: 29 January 2013, 05:42
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
535 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for hotel with a great view from patio / balcony

Thank you very much! Matterhorn shows AAA rate as 134 per night, while Best Western Arroyo Robles is about 250 per night - is the price difference because of better amenities, better location or better views?

For me views and location the most important, level of luxury is less important, although southwestern character would be nice to have.

Thanks!

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
6,584 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for hotel with a great view from patio / balcony

"... is the price difference because of better amenities, better location or better views?"

Yes, yes, and yes. They have a very nice breakfast included, (assuming it's still part of the rate), a great location, fantastic views, nice rooms, and an additional clubhouse area down by the creek with an indoor/outdoor pool.

That said, for $250, you could also get a very nice room at one of the B&Bs, often with great views and your own private jacuzzi tub.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
535 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for hotel with a great view from patio / balcony

Thank you very much for suggestion! I booked the Matterhorn for now, will look at bed and breakfasts to compare and will research more on Best Western to see if's worth the price increase.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
59,254 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for hotel with a great view from patio / balcony

Matterhorn is directly across the street from BWAR. It's just a little older. Southwest decor? Not really at any of those places.

Take a look at Cozy Cactus B&B

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
535 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking for hotel with a great view from patio / balcony

Thanks! I looked at several bed and breakfasts - all have very good reviews and must be really nice places to stay, but this time we want to explore Upper Sedona as well, and since it's going to be a busy weekend and probably problems with parking, staying in walking distance to galleries, restaurants etc is very convenient. But I like the idea staying in Bed and Breakfast - seems like really nice alternative, maybe next time :)

Will keep my Matterhorn reservation for now.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
59,254 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Looking for hotel with a great view from patio / balcony

Good to focus on Sedona and your activities there. Don't fret or romanticize about the room appointments so much. You already know that there are views everywhere.