We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Canyon, antelope canyon

Which Sedona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Portland, OR
Level Contributor
4 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Canyon, antelope canyon

We're planning a June trip to GC from Las Vegas.

Never been, looking forward to 2 nights and a few simple hikes.

I've seen pics of Antelope Canyon and would like to add it to our drive back to LV.

Any advice on roads, places to eat, where to stay overnight?

Thanks in advance!

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
2,196 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Canyon, antelope canyon

Welcome to the forum!

Antelope Canyon is in Page, AZ, almost 3 hours drive from GC. It's in the opposite direction from Las Vegas. Do you have more than your 2 GC nights for this trip? Page deserves 2 nights also.

Do you have reservations yet for Grand Canyon? Try to get something in the Nat'l Park...if not, then in Tusayan, just south of the Park entrance.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
56,473 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Canyon, antelope canyon

Confirming. Page is the opposite direction from GCNP to LV. If you can add one more night to your plan, you could get by with one night at GCNP and then two at Page.

Book GCNP lodging right now. Once you have that, book Page. Page will be sold out in June. It's a very popular destination.

Wickenburg, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Wickenburg
Level Contributor
2,741 posts
751 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Canyon, antelope canyon

If you can, definitely do add Page as it is very, very much worth the trip, not only because of Antelope Canyon. Horseshoe Bend, to name just one, doesn't take much time to go and see, about 90 minutes all told, and that's taking it very leisurely - and it's right off hwy 89 on your left (west) as you come into Page, and a couple miles before you actually reach it.

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
4 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Canyon, antelope canyon

Oh, thank you. I'm in the planning stages, no reservations, yet, that's why I wanted a bit of advice. I wasn't sure if Page would be a one or two nighter, sounds like we can be a bit luxurious with our time with two.

Antelope, horseshoe, both for sure sites.

Any stops/ towns I should know about on the drive from Page to LV?

LOVE the great online support. Thanks.

Wickenburg, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Wickenburg
Level Contributor
2,741 posts
751 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Canyon, antelope canyon

Well, if you have time go look at Seligman just off I-40 west of Williams.

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
4 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand Canyon, antelope canyon

Thanks, again. Got the GC room, choosing Page soon.

7. Re: Grand Canyon, antelope canyon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 February 2014, 06:15