We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sedona Weather

Which Sedona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Franklin, Tennessee
1 post
Save Topic
Sedona Weather

Traveling to Sedona on Thursday, February 21. Reading weather reports for Wed. forecast is for 3 to 5 inches of snow in Sedona. Will we have any trouble traveling up to Sedona from Phoenix? How long does snow usually stick around?

Thanks

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
56,441 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sedona Weather

Getting to Sedona is usually doable, but your best sources for information will be local news tonight in PHX and www.az511.com

Snow storms in Sedona generally begin in the late afternoon when temperatures cool down. Snow usually lasts through the night and ends the next day when it warms again. Sometimes it snows for longer. Forecasts I've seen say this will be a fast moving storm.

Sedona, Arizona
Level Contributor
447 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sedona Weather

Check on the ADOT website as you approach the Prescott turnoff as this may be an area that gets more snow than Sedona does.

Sedona
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
3,267 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sedona Weather

Usually the snow on the highway between PHX and Sedona is cleared by all the traffic (and I guess ADOT comes for a heavy snow), but the forecast is for more than average.

I would check before leaving. There's the website Sedona Nanny mentioned or you can call 511 for road conditions.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
56,441 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sedona Weather

I just got off the phone with a friend in Sedona. He reported a white out. The golf course is closed for the day. A morning snow fall like this is unusual. I see on TV that the same thing is happening down in Tucson and that the mountains around PHX have fresh snow this morning.

Sedona, Arizona
Level Contributor
85 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sedona Weather

It did snow quite a bit here today but it didnt stick to the roads. Routes 179 and 89A are clear in Sedona proper. I'm not sure about further up the canyon. The greenery and red rocks are covered with snow and it looks great but that means the hiking trails are messy.

Sedona, Arizona
Level Contributor
85 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sedona Weather

We also had some visitors who returned to Phoenix late this afternoon and they had no problems traveling down I17 but check in the AM because conditions do change

7. Re: Sedona Weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2014, 06:16