We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A few questions. Please help. Day trip.

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
45 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
A few questions. Please help. Day trip.

Been living in PHX for about 3 years and never been to Sedona. My best friend and his wife are coming to visit and figured this would be a good time to go. We would only have time for a day trip. Leaving early Saturday morning and coming back later in the day. Checking to see thoughts and ideas on where to go. 4 adults all 28 and a 3 year old and 10. Thinking about eating breakfast at Coffeepot and then go and explore Oak Creek Canyon. Don't know where to eat lunch but that's a pretty rough itinerary. Any thoughts????

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
60,833 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A few questions. Please help. Day trip.

It's going to take you about 2 hours to get to Sedona. If you wait to eat breakfast there, that's wasted time and you won't need lunch until it's time to leave. I suggest you eat before you leave. Or stop at Rock Springs Cafe. From there you're only an hour away.

First stops should be at Bell Rock and then the Chapel of the Holy Cross. Head up to Oak Creek Canyon after that. the other don't miss spot is Red Rock Crossing.

Sedona, Arizona
Level Contributor
449 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A few questions. Please help. Day trip.

Stop at Monteuma's Castle off I-17 on your way up. Take a somewhat quick trip thru it, then off to Bell Rock. You'll find plenty of places to pull off and look around. As you go up Oak Creek Canyon, stop at the Trout Farm and feed the fish-the kids will love it. Garlands is a nice place to stop, too.

Sedona
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
3,344 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A few questions. Please help. Day trip.

Funny how having company gets us to see the places we miss!

I'd do

Bell Rock

Chapel of the Holy Cross

Tlaquepaque

and go right on 89A to Oak Creek Canyon

If there's time on the way back Montezuma's Castle.

4. Re: A few questions. Please help. Day trip.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2014, 05:17