We are coming to Arizona next week for a family road trip. I would like to get your opinions on my proposed itinerary and I welcome any suggestions. It will be my parents (age 65), my husband, my self and our three kids (10, 7, and 6).
Here is my schedule.:
1. Thursday 2/28 - Arrive in Phoenix
2. We stay in Tempe at Comfort Suites Airport for 2 nights because my husband is graduating on Saturday at the Gammage Auditorium.
3. Saturday 3/2 - Drive to Tucson to stay with family for 4 nights.
5. Thursday 3/7 - Take Pink Jeep Broken Arrow tour in am and explore Sedona in pm
6. Friday 3/8 - thinking of going to Out of Africa, Sunset crater, and/or Jerome
7. Saturday 3/9 - Head to GCNP to stay over night at Kachina Lodge
8. Sunday 3/10 - Drive to Page to stay at Days Inn
9. Monday 3/11 - Take 1/2 day raft tour from Colorada River Discovery
10. Tuesday 3/12 - Maybe do slot canyon tour in am and then head to Zion National Park (have reservations at the park lodge)
11. Wednesday 3/13 - Explore Zion
12. Thursday 3/14 - Head to Las Vegas to stay with family
13. Saturday 3/16 - Fly home
My questions are: is this too much or do I give each place enough time? Any comments on the hotels I have selected? Will we be limited by weather? Should I consider doing more winter type activities, like tubing or snow mobile? Any good recommendations for a horse riding tour? Do you think the activities I mentioned in our trip will be good for my aged kids? Anything I have over looked and don't need to miss??
Thank you for your help in planning our trip!