We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

never been to sedona; what size rental car needed

Which Sedona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
sioux falls
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
never been to sedona; what size rental car needed

It will be just my husband and I, want to explore sedona, do some hiking.... will be there 3 days before we drive to grand canyon. Can we get by with renting a compact or midsize rental car or do we need a suv or jeep because of steep roads?

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
15,572 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: never been to sedona; what size rental car needed

Whatever fits you and your budget. SUVs are nice for the higher seating position and view but you're not really going to be driving anywhere that steep or rugged.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
55,712 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: never been to sedona; what size rental car needed

Sedona and the GCNP will not require any specific type of vehicle. Coming from PHX you will climb more than 6,000 feet, but any car can handle it. Rent what you can afford and want to drive.

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: never been to sedona; what size rental car needed

Midsize will be fine. A too small car won't hold all luggage in the boot.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
Level Contributor
4,164 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: never been to sedona; what size rental car needed

I've been happy with a Nissan Versa and a Ford Focus. My last rental was a Ford Fusion, which had much more power and used nearly twice the fuel. Don't rent a convertible, you really lose trunk space.

Edited: 15 March 2013, 20:18
5. Re: never been to sedona; what size rental car needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 March 2014, 05:17