We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

6 hours in Sedona

Which Sedona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Canton, Georgia...
2 posts
Save Topic
6 hours in Sedona

My wife and I will have about 6 hours to enjoy a flavor of Sedona in April (noon-6PM). What would be your recommendation for the top 2-3 things to do in that short amount of time?

I should point out that I have limited mobility in that I walk with a cane. Walking on uneven or gravel/rocky terrain is very dicey for me due to very unstable ankles.

I was thinking maybe a Pink Jeep Tour, possibly the Chapel of the Holy Cross, maybe one of the vortex sites (which vortex site is your favorite?), or Oak Creek Canyon.

Sedona
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
3,267 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 6 hours in Sedona

As you enter the gateway to Sedona you can stop at the US Forestry Service Visitor Center and take some photos of yourselves in front of Bell Rock. From there continue north on 179 to Chapel Road to see the Chapel of the Holy Cross.

Look for handicapped parking at the top or you can get dropped off. Also there is a cart that will take visitors to the walkway to the Chapel. The walk is still something of a climb.

From there continue on 179 to the intersection with 89. Turn right and you will get to the parking area for Pink Jeep tours (need reservation ahead of time).

I'm not sure if you have a back injury or not?? You do get jostled around, but it is fun. If it isn't bad, and you want to go, ask for a seat in the front.

After the jeep tour continue through Uptown Sedona (tourist section) on 89 to Oak Creek Canyon. As you go in you'll see the Indian Garden, which is where Sedona started. They serve sandwiches and snacks there, and you can sit out back for awhile, but it is pretty crowded.

You can turn around and if there's time, go past the intersection and left on Airport Road. From the viewpoint near the top you will have a great view of Sedona.

You will be out of time by now and possibly wishing you could stay longer! Think about it beforehand, and if you can stretch your time at least overnight. We get so many people saying they wish they could have stayed longer!!

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
55,922 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 6 hours in Sedona

Good plan from Kate with the ideal top spots and things to do. Why so little time? Where are you coming from and going to?

Canton, Georgia...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 6 hours in Sedona

We are actually in Las Vegas on a business trip and have one free day sandwiched in the middle of it. So we are going to have one marathon day coming from and treturning to Las Vegas. We had hoped to spend a couple of days in Sedona eiher before or after our Las Vegas trip, but work and familiy obligations prevent that for now. We hope to make it back for a multi-day stay sometime in the future, but wanted to experience at least a hint of it while we could.

Thanks to Kate and you for your help!

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
55,922 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 6 hours in Sedona

In that case your arrival and departure will be reversed from Kate's description. You will approach Sedona from the north, via 89A and Oak Creek Canyon. You will be amazed as you enter Red Rock Country.

I suggest going straight the Pink Jeep office for your (pre-booked) Broken Arrow tour. Then head down to the Chapel afterward. Enjoy a relaxing meal somewhere before you head back to LV. It will be a very long day.

5. Re: 6 hours in Sedona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 March 2014, 05:17