We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weekend Trip While Pregnant

Phoenix
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
Weekend Trip While Pregnant

We are coming up to Sedona from Phoenix for a weekend get-away before baby gets here.

I would like to do the Oak Creek Canyon loop, with a stop at West Fork, slide rock, and lunch at Ken's Creekside.

Do you think this is do-able for a pregnant lady (I've continued to work out, so have been feeling pretty well). Also, is this drivable in a regular car (Altima)?

Any other suggestions?

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
58,841 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weekend Trip While Pregnant

Oak Creek Canyon isn't a loop. 89A runs from Sedona to Flagstaff via Oak Creek Canyon so it's a drive up and back, and yes, it's worth driving twice.

I see no reason why you can't visit these places although I'd urge you not to get to rough at Slide Rock. Your car will be fine.

CT
Level Contributor
2,120 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weekend Trip While Pregnant

You might enjoy the Bell Rock area since you are pregnant. Very doable with great views and parking is close. You can choose to walk as far as you like or just sit below Bell Rock and contemplate life with that beautiful baby. Best wishes for a healthy birth (after you get home.) :)

Harleysville...
Destination Expert
for Fountain Hills
Level Contributor
5,070 posts
382 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weekend Trip While Pregnant

Red Rock Crossing is also an enjoyable place to walk along the creek and have a picnic and enjoy the views.

Sedona
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
3,314 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weekend Trip While Pregnant

I think a lot depends on your due date, whether it is a few months away or less.

Arizona
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Weekend Trip While Pregnant

Bell Rock is a great option, several little trails that stay fairly flat but get you out into the Red Rocks.

Brunch at L'Auberge is a great way to celebrate your Babymoon along the creek

6. Re: Weekend Trip While Pregnant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 April 2014, 07:18