We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sedona hotels...Any thoughts ?

Which Sedona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Topic
Sedona hotels...Any thoughts ?

We're a family of 4 traveling with our college-age sons traveling from Phoenix to Grand Canyon and will be in Sedona the end of April for 2 nights. We a re looking for a hotel/motel/resort that is good value, nice location and views, swimming pool and maybe bkfst.

I see reviews for Sky Ranch Lodge, Desert Quail Inn, Sedona Motel. Does anyone know which may be better choice? Any other suggestions? We'd like to stay at Best Western Arroyle (or better) but is not in our budget.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Sedona
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
3,260 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sedona hotels...Any thoughts ?

I'd favor Sky Ranch because of its location on Airport Mesa, which is away from other businesses. Desert Quail would be a close second because it is in the Village and is close to Bell Rock for hiking, to restaurants like Mongo's, Cucina Rustica, and Miley's Cafe. Also I like the relaxed vibe of the Village.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
55,114 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sedona hotels...Any thoughts ?

Your three choices would be mine in that same order. Book ASAP.

Toronto
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sedona hotels...Any thoughts ?

Before I call Sky Ranch to book...

I'd like to ask if, in your opinion, it would be worth an extra $95/night (for the 4 of us) to stay at The Best Western Arroyo Roble?, or an extra $50/night to stay at theBest Western Plus Inn?

I don't think we'll spend a lot of time at the hotel, but I don't want to regret not spending the extra $$.

Thanks for your opinion

Harleysville...
Destination Expert
for Fountain Hills
Level Contributor
4,858 posts
363 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sedona hotels...Any thoughts ?

We have stayed at both and prefer BW+ Sky Ranch Lodge is very dated inside the rooms. It's a shame, but it is clean and the grounds and views are wonderful. BW+ has a wonderful patio on level 3 that wraps around the entire complex and I actually think the views are better that Sky Ranch Lodge because you get both sunrise and sunset views. But it's entirely up to you as to the extra money. You are right, you are not in the room much.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
55,114 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sedona hotels...Any thoughts ?

You'll get what you pay for.

Toronto
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Sedona hotels...Any thoughts ?

Another question: Is Best Western Plus as nice ( or better) as Best Western Arroyo. I saw some negative comments on a travel site (I think Trip Advisor) re: Best Western Plus.

Thanks again.

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
2,353 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sedona hotels...Any thoughts ?

Briar Patch Inn up the road from Sedona in Oak Creek Canyon is really nice. No amneities like TV or radios, very peaceful. Fire place in some rooms and the wood is supplied. Eat breakfast along the running creek which is really nice. WiFi is only available in the lobby area where there is also a small library.

A short drive into Sedona.

Harleysville...
Destination Expert
for Fountain Hills
Level Contributor
4,858 posts
363 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sedona hotels...Any thoughts ?

Can't comment on BW Arroyo as have not stayed there. Also haven't stayed at BW+ is 4 years so don't know of any recent bad reviews. We have been staying elsewhere lately.

You may be making too much of an effort over your hotel room.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
55,114 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sedona hotels...Any thoughts ?

Agreeing that you are fretting too much about where to sleep. I hope you dedicate as much time and effort to how you'll spend your waking hours. Where you sleep really doesn't matter, especially for only two nights.

Toronto
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Sedona hotels...Any thoughts ?

Thank you.