We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to watch sunset with motorcoach group

Which Sedona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Olathe, Kansas
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Where to watch sunset with motorcoach group

I have a group coming to Sedona next week and have planned a sunset box dinner and wine for Thursday, May 2. I have called the CVB and asked the person who will be giving a guided tour, but no one can tell me a good place to take the folks to watch the sunset. It must be accessible by bus and they will not be able to hike anywhere. I saw a post about Cultural Park Place and that there were picnnic tables there, but I need some detailed info as I will not be there to direct the driver. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Shannon

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
55,116 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to watch sunset with motorcoach group

Airport Mesa is where the crowds go. There's plenty of room to park a bus up there. The road up is steep and narrow, but manageable. The Cultural Park turn around is another good suggestion. You'll have less congestion there.

The other very popular spot for bus groups is at the Bell Rock Vista. Passengers can take a walk on the Bell Rock Path and have more privacy, in spite of the large numbers of people who will be parked at the lot.

Olathe, Kansas
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to watch sunset with motorcoach group

I guess what I am asking is how to find out how to get to these places, as they are not labeled on any maps that I have and I have to give the driver directions. Since most of the group cannot walk very well, should we avoid Bell Rock Path? My group leader is very finicky, so I need the view to be great for them.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
55,116 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to watch sunset with motorcoach group

Airport Road and and the Cultural Park are both off 89A in West Sedona. Both intersections have traffic lights. The light for Cultural Park is noted as Upper Red Rock Loop Rd to the south and Compactor Rd to the north. CP is on the north side.

Bell Rock Vista is on 179 in the Village of Oakcreek. People don't have to walk there if they don't want to. But those who can, will.

Cuenca, Ecuador
Destination Expert
for California Desert
Level Contributor
1,415 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to watch sunset with motorcoach group

Hello Shannon M, and welcome to the Sedona forum.

RedRox has good information here, and he lives there. As a former tour coach driver for international tourists on extended tours, the place I always stopped for views like the one you are looking for is Bell Rock Vista. It will have room off the side of AZ Route 179 for the driver to park the 40 to 45 foot long motorcoach, and your passengers may either walk to Bell Rock Vista or stay in or outside the coach, as they desire.

I understand you will not be physically present with the group as they travel to the desired sunset stopping spot. It will become apparent over time in the afternoon where people are parking. . . that is one indication of where a good location along the route will be. I wish I had more exact coordinates to give you than that, but because I drove passengers commercially in pre-GPS days I don't have them.

5. Re: Where to watch sunset with motorcoach group

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 April 2014, 05:16