We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best intermediate hike, there one day only

Which Sedona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Rochester, New York
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
best intermediate hike, there one day only

we can only visit Sedona for ONE day, would love suggestions for best intermediate hike to see the most features Sedona has to offer. Thanks!!

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
57,034 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best intermediate hike, there one day only

Hike on Bell Rock. Visit the Chapel of the Holy Cross and go to Red Rock Crossing in the afternoon for a swim and a walk.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
9 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best intermediate hike, there one day only

I also have 1 day planned in sedona.

Is it worthwhile to go to redrock state park? I find it mentioned less in this forum for some reason.

From my research so far, looks like from Phoenix I should be taking SR179 (scenic byway) and onto sedona.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
57,034 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best intermediate hike, there one day only

Red Rock SP has more in its name than it delivers IMO. There are plenty of better places to experience the red rocks of Sedona.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
Level Contributor
4,208 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best intermediate hike, there one day only

There is nothing wrong with visiting RRSP.

After driving up Rt 179 into Sedona with a short stop at Bell Rock, I would travel out Dry Creek Road in West Sedona and hike Boynton Canyon, Fay Canyon or Doe Mountain. Soldier's Pass is another good choice as well.

Sedona, Arizona
Level Contributor
85 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best intermediate hike, there one day only

I like the choices Red Rox suggested. You won't go wrong.

Mesa,AZ + Boston,MA
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: best intermediate hike, there one day only

Doe Mountain climb to top of Mesa with great views of surrounding area. Broken Arrow to Chicken Point also has great views of the Sedona scenery.

7. Re: best intermediate hike, there one day only

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 May 2014, 06:18