We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"No See-ums"

Which Sedona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sedona
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
3,267 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
"No See-ums"

If you are coming to Sedona between now and Father's Day (or a little afterward) you may feel some tiny invisible insects called No See-ums. They are annoying!

It helps to have insect repellent on hand. I like the natural ones, but my husband likes Deet. I even put the spray on my hands and around the dogs' necks when they are out for a walk. Being prepared makes a walk more enjoyable!

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
56,493 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: "No See-ums"

Yup, they're here, even if you don't see them. You'll certainly feel the bites after they get you. But there are ways to protect yourself. In addition to Kate's suggestions above, I use the old reliable Avon Skin So Soft. Another helpful aid is to carry a couple of fabric softening dryer sheets. I wipe the (dry) sheets on my exposed skin and put them in my pocket or under my shirt collar. So far, I've been able to play full rounds of golf without a bite, while my playing partners have not been as fortunate. Of course, it helps to stay in the fairways. ;-)

Sedona, Arizona
Level Contributor
447 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: "No See-ums"

For some reason, these No-See-Um's like me. I'm the one that ends up with 25 bites, when everyone else get one or two bites. Just bought some Off! Deep Woods....

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
69 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: "No See-ums"

Talking about no see-ums...I am going to Arizona in July and can't seem to get a handle on how the mosquitoes are at that time of year. All the websites seem to deal with research issues on the subject. Are they just their annoying little selves or are they really bad?

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
56,493 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: "No See-ums"

Mosquitos are relatively rare in the high desert regions. Where are you going?

As to the noseums in this topic, they usually disappear around mid June.

5. Re: "No See-ums"

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 May 2014, 06:16