We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What do you sugest?

Which Sedona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
53 posts
139 reviews
Save Topic
What do you sugest?

Red Rox, You seem very knowledgeable about Sedona and the surrounding areas. My husband and I would like to visit this area (coming from Denver, Colorado) don't know if we would drive or fly, probably fly as we only have about a week to play with. What would you recommend as an itinerary? We are in our early 60's and I have some respiratory issues so can't hike far. Also what do you have to say about the vortex?

Looking forward to your reply.

Chris

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
55,712 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What do you sugest?

Do you live in Denver, or is that your stop on the way from somewhere else? Denver is 5200 feet above sea level. Sedona is 4500. So if you can handle the altitude at Denver, you'll have no issues in Sedona.

I drive from Sedona to Denver a few times each year. I take two days going each way, so if you only have a week, I'd suggest flying to Phoenix to save a couple of days. Sedona is a 2 hour drive from PHX. The Grand Canyon NP 7000 feet asl is another 2 hours away and I would advise including an over night stay there.

I'll not comment much more about how to spend your time in Sedona until you tell us when you plan to visit. Do plan to take a jeep tour on arrival though. Pink Jeep Broken Arrow is the most popular tour for many good reasons.

Vortexes are energy fields. There is an energy around Sedona. Pinpointing it or paying someone to take you to a spot is not something I advise.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
Level Contributor
4,164 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What do you sugest?

There is plenty of wonderful scenery between Denver and Sedona. Ten days could give you a nice tour including several days in Sedona.

I agree with RR the energy here in Sedona will find you. It may be elusive if you look too hard for it.

Please let us know how your plans shape up. The options are too numerous to list without some input from youto narrow things down.

Level Contributor
53 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What do you sugest?

Thanks for your comments.

When are good times to plan a visit in this area? ~~Weather, crowds, etc,

Chris

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,794 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What do you sugest?

My favorite months in Sedona are October, #1, and May, #2. The weather in October is more predictable -- nice warm days and cool nights, very little chance of rain.

Edited: 05 August 2013, 02:03
Level Contributor
53 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What do you sugest?

Thanks Mike,

Sounds better to me too.

6. Re: What do you sugest?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 August 2014, 05:16