We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trails accessible from Jordan Park Trailhead?

Minneapolis, M
Level Contributor
316 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Trails accessible from Jordan Park Trailhead?

Which trails are accessible from the Jordan Park Trailhead?

Looks like Christmas in Sedona!! :)

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
60,769 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trails accessible from Jordan Park Trailhead?

You can hike up to Devils Kitchen sinkhole and on to Soldiers Pass, Brins Mesa and beyond. Make your that you know where you're going though. I've run into folks on those trails who are disoriented and don't know how to get back to where they started.

Sedona, Arizona
Level Contributor
85 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trails accessible from Jordan Park Trailhead?

You can also take Jim Thompson from the Jordan Rd trailhead area. It goes up to the base of Ship Rock, around Steamboat Rock and on to Midgely Bridge. As RR mentioned either Cibola or Jordan Trails take you to the sink hole and the Soldiers Pass area. If you want you can take one out and come back on the other because they intersect before the sink hole. There are a number of options so it can be confusing. I have also met people on those trails who have been confused on where they were.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
Level Contributor
4,367 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trails accessible from Jordan Park Trailhead?

I did about 8 miles on a loop through Soldiers pass and Brins Mesa. Stopped at the sinkhole and seven pools as well as the branch out on the mesa that looks out toward Wilson Mtn. There's great scenery all around but have a trail map or some good notes. I directed several groups of confused hikers while out there.

Hopefully you won't encounter too many pink jeeps at the sinkhole. They aren't very nice about asking you to get out of their way.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
60,769 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trails accessible from Jordan Park Trailhead?

You won't see any Pink Jeeps at the Sinkhole. That's Red Rock Jeep territory. Different companies own the commercial rights to certain trails. Red Rock Jeep Soldiers Pass tour includes the sinkhole and it is their top selling tour.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
Level Contributor
4,367 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trails accessible from Jordan Park Trailhead?

My bad. One of the red jeep drivers even packed a six shooter. It may be their territory but it is still public land.

I have to agree, the pink jeep drivers are much more polite up at Chicken Point.

Hatboro...
Level Contributor
267 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trails accessible from Jordan Park Trailhead?

My favorite hike from the Jordan Park trailhead is Cibola Pass to Jordan Trail and back to the trailhead. It is relatively short loop of just over 2 miles and can be done in about an hour or less, so great if time is limited. I would say it is overall easy but there is a bit of a climb up to the top of Cibola Pass. My wife and I did it our first day at altitude...a bit of a mistake for us "flatlanders" but we survived. I know that Thompson Trail was recommended. It starts out relatively flat and shady but I don't love it as I find it very sandy with lots of loose rock scree. If you are going to do it I would recommend good hiking shoes and poles. We have tried the first part of Brins Mesa but haven't gone all the way to the top yet. We are still novices and exploring all the trails

7. Re: Trails accessible from Jordan Park Trailhead?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2014, 06:20