We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions re:water and car in Sedona/GC

Which Sedona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York
13 posts
Save Topic
Questions re:water and car in Sedona/GC

Hi there,

We're getting ready for our trip to Arizona in two weeks and had a couple more questions, if anyone can weigh in:

- is the tap water in sedona and Grand Canyon village safe to drink, or should we filter/buy bottled?

- does the water at the rest houses in Grand Canyon need to be additionally filtered?

- is an economy car okay for the roads between Phoenix and sedona, and sedona and the Grand Canyon? (I'm wondering if we need something better/more powerful for canyon roads etc)

- is a smaller car better for the twists and turns of oak creek canyon?

Thanks very much!

PS: will cross post this in GC forum since I have questions about both sedona and GC. Hope that's okay...

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
Level Contributor
4,169 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Questions re:water and car in Sedona/GC

I drink both tap and bottled water and the water tastes fine.

I usually rent an economy car while the rental companies will tell you a bigger engine is needed. The Ford Focus and Nissan Versa work quite well. I was upgraded to a Ford Fusion once at no extra rental cost and used about 50% more fuel. The canyon is not so narrow to require a small car. I would rent a larger car if you have more than two people traveling.

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
15,628 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Questions re:water and car in Sedona/GC

"(I'm wondering if we need something better/more powerful for canyon roads etc)"

If you are referring to Oak Creek Canyon, an economy car will do, but as suggested you may want something large for your comfort. If you are referring to GCNP, the road is relatively flat and has no ascents/descents of any concern.

Water in Sedona and GCNP is pure and drinkable.

3. Re: Questions re:water and car in Sedona/GC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2014, 05:18