We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sedona Caswell Cabin - need help

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
145 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Sedona Caswell Cabin - need help

We stayed for 5 marvellous days in Sedona, at Caswell Cabin in West Sedona. I found the place well located, extremely comfortable, probably one of the best rentals I ever stayed. I wanted to write a review about it - it really deserves it - and Trip Advisor does not accept it either as Hotel or Vacation Rental. It claims it does not know about it, although I had read reviews before we booked it. Any suggestions what to do about this?

Many thanks,

Kasuta

Sedona
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
3,315 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sedona Caswell Cabin - need help

You could post your review at the website where you found it. You may suggest to the owners that they list it on Vacation Rentals in TripAdvisor. The legality of having such rentals for less than a month has been challenged from time to time, and maybe that is why it is not listed here.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
145 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sedona Caswell Cabin - need help

Thanks Kate,

What I don't understand is: they want reviews only for "hotels" or "vacation rentals". How do you call a place where you stay only as few days, and how do you review it so other travellers can benefit form the information? You can do it only if the owner registers it? I sent a review about Debbie's Hideaway in Page, AZ, and we stayed there only 2 days. When I tried to send the Caswell Cabin review, Trip Advisor asked me for a lot of information that I provided, and then I never heard from them again, except when they announced me about other reviews that had been published. I expected at least to hear from them even if it is a negative answer. How do you contact these people?

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
59,204 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sedona Caswell Cabin - need help

TA won't accept a review of any place until it has been verified as a legitimate business. This applies to restaurants, rental accommodations and any other business enterprise. When submitting a review for an unlisted business there is a process you can initiate to create the listing.

Use the Help Center link at the bottom of every TA page

Edited: 02 October 2013, 03:39
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
145 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sedona Caswell Cabin - need help

Thanks RedRox. I went to Help and sent a message. I will get some answer from them in the future.... I hope.

5. Re: Sedona Caswell Cabin - need help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2014, 05:19