We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lunch En Route to Sedona

Roswell, Georgia
Level Contributor
723 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Lunch En Route to Sedona

We'll be arriving at PHX just after 10 AM and hope to be on the road to Sedona no later than 11. We will have carry-on luggage only, so if we hit the shuttle to the rental car office just right, hopefully we can be on our way even earlier. One can only hope!

The plan is to stop at the V Bar V site prior to checking into our B&B. The gate closes at 3 PM, so we won't be able to dilly dally so to speak. Any ideas for lunch on the way? We have dinner reservations for the Silver Saddle Room at the Cowboy Club at 8 PM that evening.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
58,187 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lunch En Route to Sedona

The popular stop is at exit 242 off I-17 for Rock Springs Cafe. Expect decent food in a charming old west environment. Save room for a slice of pie for dessert, or just buy a pie and bring it with you.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,974 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Lunch En Route to Sedona

You really have about a choice of one, Rock Springs. Not gourmet but it will fill you up.I'm sure Mike will jump in and warn you off the meatloaf, but most of the grub is okay. . They are most known for their pies.

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
897 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lunch En Route to Sedona

That sounds good :)

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
16,113 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lunch En Route to Sedona

Not only Mike, me, too. I think the food at Rock Springs is mediocre at best, and any alternatives are not better. I take some sandwiches with me. My favorite place to stop is at Beaver Creek opposite the turnoff to Hwy 79 to Sedona. There is a Subway and other fast food at Camp Verde just off I-17. And the road to V-Bar-V is just a short distance past the picnic area at Beaver Creek.

Save an hour waiting for food, and have a nice picnic.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,974 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Lunch En Route to Sedona

But then you don't get the pie.

6. Re: Lunch En Route to Sedona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2014, 06:19