We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 days in Sedona: Best things to do?

Boston...
Level Contributor
35 posts
134 reviews
Save Topic
2 days in Sedona: Best things to do?

Hello,

We are traveling to Sedona (first time) in February but will only have 2 nights. We have our hotel already (Enchantment resort) but looking for the "must things" to do. My husband and I are are fairly fit, but will be with my in-laws who are in their 70's. So hiking is a bit out of the question with them. Recommendations appreciated! We will have our own car. Thank you

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
58,336 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 days in Sedona: Best things to do?

You don't have to hike to enjoy Sedona. Think of it more as wandering or walking from where you park your car. Be sure to see the Chapel of the Holy Cross and Red Rock Crossing.

A jeep tour is highly recommended. Pink Jeep Broken Arrow is the best by far.

You'll want to drive Oak Creek Canyon too.

Harleysville...
Destination Expert
for Fountain Hills
Level Contributor
5,046 posts
381 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 days in Sedona: Best things to do?

Red Rock Crossing, as already mentioned, is fine for the in-laws. Easy walking trails with beautiful views. Also easy to reach from Enchantment.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
Level Contributor
4,240 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 days in Sedona: Best things to do?

There are also some easy walks at Bell Rock and I hiked the beginning of the Long Canyon with a couple in their 70's (one of which was recovering from a spine procedure) who wanted to get out into the countryside. Drive all the roads around Enchantment to enjoy all the scenery there as well.

Plainview, New York
Level Contributor
1 post
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 days in Sedona: Best things to do?

1. Pink Jeep Tour is a must! Bring your camera and good sneakers!

2. Cathedral Rock: The trailhead is located out Verde Valley School Road on the unpaved portion of the road. From the roundabout, which connects Highway 179, Jack's Canyon and Verde Valley School Road, proceed approximately 4 1/2 miles out Verde Valley School Road to the parking on the left side of the road. The trailhead is across the road. It consists of mostly flat trails so sneakers are a must depending on weather. You'll arrive at the sliding rock river, and see the most amazing views of Cathedral Rock! A camera is a must!

I'm already daydreaming of my 4th trip out there. I keep coming back and so will you.

Sedona, Arizona
Level Contributor
85 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 days in Sedona: Best things to do?

I don't want to get too picky but but I don't want anyone to get confused by trail names. The trail Clarissa describes is actually called Baldwin trail. It is very nice and not too steep as described. The trail known as Cathedral Rock has its trailhead off of Back oBeyond Road which is off of Route 179. It goes up the face of Cathedral Rock and is steep with a few scrambles. It's not a leisurely walk.

6. Re: 2 days in Sedona: Best things to do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 December 2014, 06:19