We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sedona - April 12-15

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
3 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Sedona - April 12-15

Looking for some advice on our planned trip this Spring. Will be in Sedona first, then the Grand Canyon for a couple of days, travel Route 66 to Vegas for 1 night (really just a couple of hours), then out to the Hoover Dam, then back to Phoenix.

Traveling from April 12 - April 19, 2014

With 7 people: 4 Adults (2 Seniors, 69 and 75) and 3 kids (10,10, and 7)

For Parents 50th Anniversary

I have several questions, but let's start with focusing on Sedona. We are staying at the Briar Patch Inn for reference.

- Should we go through Pink Jeep Tours, or rent our own Jeep from Barlow Adventures? We have a Jeep here on the East Coast and have basic off road experience.

- Best places to eat in the area for a group of 7?

- Best places to shop for my mother in law?

- Best sites to see with this broad group? One member has a bad back so rough terrain is out (they will not go on the Jeep with us). Long walks are ok, as long as the terrain is not too challenging.

Thanks! More questions to follow after we get going.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
58,336 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sedona - April 12-15

I suggest the Pink Jeep tour. It's not just about a ride in a jeep off road. The guide will give you a narrative that will teach you more about Sedona in 2 hours that you could learn otherwise in your entire week. And you'll be totally entertained. The Broken Arrow trail is the most popular for many reasons.

All restaurants will accommodate your party. Call in advance as most will happily take reservations for a group your size. Tell us more about your eating preferences and budget before we start throwing names at you.

Tlaquepaque is a most unique shopping village in the Gallery District just below Uptown.

The folks at Briar Patch will be glad to direct you to moderate hiking destinations and attractions. Don't miss the Chapel of the Holy Cross and Red Rock Crossing.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
3 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sedona - April 12-15

I think you are right on the tour.

Eating preferences are broad. I would say an authentic Southwest cuisine would be good and anything family friendly.

Thanks again!

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,854 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sedona - April 12-15

There also is a wide variety of shops in uptown also, from tacky Tee shirt shops to upscale clothing and art galleries.

For southwestern cuisine, you have to take everyone to the Cowboy Club. The more daring will want to sample the cactus fries and rattlesnake.

Ditto on the Broken Arrow Pink Jeep Tour.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
58,336 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sedona - April 12-15

Agreeing about the Cowboy Club. It's the definitive place to dine in Sedona. For a more creative menu try Elote Cafe. For just plain great food at great value I recommend Harry's Hideaway in Cornville. Be sure to book in advance. They only seat about 40 people. In Oak Creek Canyon try the Indian Garden Deli.

Sedona
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
3,278 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sedona - April 12-15

I suggest you look into Circle V-Bar-V (Limited days and hours) and Montezuma's Castle too.

6. Re: Sedona - April 12-15

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 January 2015, 06:20