We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Will my Prius make it?

Which Sedona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Will my Prius make it?

I am thinking to drive to Sedona from Los Angelus on my Prius. Does anyone know if my car could make it through those dirt road okay?

Also, does anyone know where I can park overnight?

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,974 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Will my Prius make it?

I know you might find this hard to believe, but AZ has the same interstates as you do. You can drive the I-10 to the 1-17 and then the well paved 179 all the say to Sedona. As for your question will you Prius make it? You will have to ask Toyota that. Are you thinking of driving the off-road, 4WD trails with your Prius?

Edited: 27 January 2014, 18:45
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Will my Prius make it?

I was concerned if there were a lot of off-road driving to get to the trailheads.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,974 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Will my Prius make it?

Nope. Nice paved roads and parking. Just make sure you hide your valuables or better still leave them in the hotel room.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
Level Contributor
4,209 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Will my Prius make it?

I often rent a Ford Focus or Nissan Versa and do quite well in Sedona. There are some dirt roads you will want to avoid. Otherwise, as previously pointed out, there are plenty of smooth roads available to get around.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
57,060 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Will my Prius make it?

Use your maps application or look at a paper map. There aren't any dirt roads that you'll need to drive to get to the most popular trailheads. There are dirt roads to avoid, but there aren't any reasons why you have to drive them either.

Sorry about the Prius.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
2,206 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Will my Prius make it?

As others have noted, all paved from LA to Sedona, mostly interstate. And paved to most trailheads. Some have dirt parking lots just off the paved road, so no big deal.

"Also, does anyone know where I can park overnight?"

What do you mean? Are you wanting to sleep (camp?) in your car overnight? If so, where? In Sedona or on the way?

7. Re: Will my Prius make it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2015, 06:18