We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

September or November?

Simpsonville, Ky
Level Contributor
36 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
September or November?

I am hoping Red Rox will see this since he is so knowledgeable about all things Sedona. I found the perfect little cottage on vrbo to stay but my preferred month of October is booked up. They only have the first two weeks of September left and most of November. The owner said that the temps in November would be low 70's and in the high 80's for September. For a first time visitor to the area, which would you suggest as the best time to come? Thanks.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
58,187 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: September or November?

Either is fine. September is still monsoon so there will be a possibility of great afternoon thunderstorms that last about 5-10 minutes. In early November the rains are done but it will begin to get cooler. I'd choose September.

Simpsonville, Ky
Level Contributor
36 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: September or November?

Thanks RedFox, that helps a lot.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
533 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: September or November?

I'm nowhere near the expert RedRox is, but I'd pick September too. The desert air is cooler than the temperature indicates and low 80s is perfect to be outside. Also, there are several varieties of apples that are in season in the early fall.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
Level Contributor
4,231 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: September or November?

September if you want warm weather and won't be disappointed with some rain.

Early November should be much drier but also cooler. You will probably be past peak colors at West Fork and upper portions of the canyon.

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: September or November?

We also like the warmer weather in september.

Simpsonville, Ky
Level Contributor
36 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: September or November?

Thanks to everyone.

7. Re: September or November?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 February 2015, 06:18