We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary -- help/suggestions?

Which Sedona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ontario
Level Contributor
460 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Itinerary -- help/suggestions?

Hi. Here's what i've put together so far for an itinerary. Pls let me know if there's anything that doesn't make sense logistically. Any suggestions for lunches and dinners are appreciated! Also suggestions on how to fill the Friday. thanks!

Sat, July 5

10AM arrive Sky Harbor

Montezuma Castle on way to Sedona

2:30 arrive Sedona, groceries on way to Summit condo

6:30 dinner somewhere pretty, relaxing and has great sunset view

Sun, July 6

9:00 Pink Jeep Broken Arrow

Lunch somewhere in town

After lunch Chapel of the Holy Cross & Bell Rock

Mon July 7

8:00 leave for drive to GCNP

10:30 arrive GCNP…. 6 hrs at park

Tues July 8

8:30 Devil’s Bridge

12:00 Tlaquepaque….lunch, wandering, shopping

Hillside Shops

Dinner: Elote Cafe

Wed July 9

Red Rock Crossing, Oak Creek Canyon, West Fork hike

Thurs July 10

Flagstaff: .University campus, downtown

.Lunch

.Wupatki, Painted Desert, Sunset Crator

Fri July 11

????

Sat July 12

Phoenix for flight home

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
57,049 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary -- help/suggestions?

Good plan.

On Saturday when you arrive the town will be crowded. I'd advise buying picnic fare and going to Red Rock Crossing to dine Al fresco on that day. 6:30 in AZ will be 9:30PM by your body clock. It will have been a long day. Facing busy restaurant crowds and staff will be less than ideal. Buy food at the deli at whichever grocery you stop at. Red Rock Crossing will give you the most spectacular sunset welcome to Sedona and it's convenient to the Summit.

On Thursday do the ruins NMs in the morning and then lunch in Flag and campus tour in the afternoon. You'll have more energy in the morning, lighter traffic at the NMs and you'll then be working your way back toward Sedona.

On Friday do the things you still want to do around Sedona. In the unlikely event that you've seen it all, take a ride up to Jerome

Edited: 16 May 2014, 03:16
Columbia, South...
Level Contributor
70 posts
328 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary -- help/suggestions?

You may want to add Walnut Canyon to Flagstaff (it was beautiful), and I am in total agreement with Jerome. Many of the shops did not open until 10 AM...so it lets you have one day to get a late start. We had early starts every morning. :)

ontario
Level Contributor
460 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary -- help/suggestions?

Love the suggestions, thanks! Red Rock Crossing sounds perfect for our first Sedona sunset. I would like to see Walnut Canyon but I'm worried we'll run out of time on that Flagstaff day. Is it worth it to just drive through Walnut.... will we get the beauty of it that way... or does it require a hike through? So excited to go!

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
57,049 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Itinerary -- help/suggestions?

You don't just drive through Walnut Canyon. It's a short detour to the park, but it requires a hike down a very long but well maintained stairway. Then a walk around the island of caves and ruins. Allow a good hour. You can easily combine it with the Wupatki/Sunset loop. But that's why I advise doing it in the morning. You'll be hungry for a good lunch near campus in the afternoon.

5. Re: Itinerary -- help/suggestions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 May 2015, 06:16