We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sedona to Page / GC?

San Diego
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Topic
Sedona to Page / GC?

We will be staying in Sedona from 10/14 - 10/21. As a Photographer, at the top of my must see list is Antelope Canyon and Horseshoe Bend near Page.

1. How long of a drive is it from Sedona to Page? Mapquest shows it as 162 miles, and 3 hours.

2. I believe that I read on here somewhere that there is a 1.5 hour r/t hike to/from Horseshoe Bend? Is this accurate,and how difficult is the hike?

3. Does any one know what is the best time of day to photograph Horseshoe Bend?

Thank you for your help, I've been looking forward to this trip for a long time! Hopefully we'll get some great fall colors as well. =)

Phoenix Az
Level Contributor
387 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sedona to Page / GC?

I haven’t been to Antelope Canyon but I was at Horseshoe Bend a while back.

Mapquest is correct about 160 miles and 3 hours to drive.

Yes it is about an ½ hour one way trip to hike into the area from the parking lot. The hike isn’t difficult very flat.

The best time of day? now that’s a little hard to say because if you don’t want shadows in the photo you’d be looking for the sun at high noon. However the shadows can also show depth and three dimension in a photo as well. You call on that one.

There were no facilities that last time I was there. No food, water, or port-a-potties. So take everything you will need with you. Don’t forget lip-guard and sun-lotion. It may be cold and it’s always windy so dress or take extra warm clothing.

Also take wide-angle lens for the camera.

travelsw.com/southwest-trips/…horseshoe.htm

azcentral.com/travel/…horseshoebend04.html

2. Re: Sedona to Page / GC?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2009, 15:20