We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Phoenix/Sedona in late March...please help!

Bloomington, IL
Level Contributor
28 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Visiting Phoenix/Sedona in late March...please help!

My husband and I will be visiting the last week and March for our "babymoon". We are expecting our first child in late June (I will be 7 months pregnant during our stay!).

In my research, my two favorite resorts so far are The Royal Palms in Phoenix and Enchantment in Sedona. Both are too expensive according to my husband!

I am wondering whether we should stay 4 or 6 nights? Staying 4 nights will save us about $140 in airfare and obviously the shorter the trip, the cheaper the trip. But I am worried that it is just not enough time. I want time to relax!

If I convince my hubby to stay for 6 nights he definitely will not allow us to stay at the high end resorts for the whole trip. I'll have to find a significantly cheaper option, for at least the 2 extra nights. Any suggestions???

Also, how would you suggest we break up our stay? Half and half or more time in Sedona. I want plenty of pool time (despite the fact that I will probably look like a beached whale in my suit!). Will Sedona be warm in March?

Thanks so much for your help!!!!!

Kim

Sedona, AZ
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting Phoenix/Sedona in late March...please help!

Ya, know, in late March it is beautiful in Southern Arizona is great. It's still snowing or can snow in Sedona in late March.

I suggest staying in Southern Arizona and perhaps taking a day trip to Sedona to see the sights, perhaps stay one night.

Sedona is about being outdoors hiking, biking, jeeping, swimming, shopping, etc. The best pools are down south. The best pool in Sedona is at the Kings Ransom Hotel which is a great hotel but not high end, great views though.

Puerto Vallarta...
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
965 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting Phoenix/Sedona in late March...please help!

The Embassy Suites in North Phoenix is a great place to stay with a large pool. It is around one and 1/2 hours from Sedona. We stay there when we need to go to Phoenix and stay overnight. Ask for a quiet room on the east side of the hotel. The room price includes cocktails with snacks and a hot breakfast. They have very large rooms with a separate living room.

Sedona can have some very warm days in March or it could snow. But we don't get much snow at all. It melts by noon. March is one of our busy months for tourists. It is just beautiful that time of the year. You don't have to hike or ride bikes to enjoy Sedona. I think you need to get a hotel early as they will all be booked. The Forest house in oak creek canyon has very good reviews. I have found great hotels by reading the trip advisors reviews.

san francisco
12 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting Phoenix/Sedona in late March...please help!

check out

Sedona Rouge Hotel & Spa

best beds and the spa is fantastic

Monteagle, Tennessee
Level Contributor
132 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visiting Phoenix/Sedona in late March...please help!

My husband and I are meeting his brother and wife in Sedona late April and we are staying at The Sky Ranch Lodge, rates were very reasonable. We stop to have a "look see" back in 2004 and the place was very clean and very nice, had wonderful views of the rocks. We are staying three nights and then moving on to Jerome and the train ride. Then on to Phoenix. I havent found any places to stay there yet, everything is so expensive!! But I am looking here at Tripadvisor to get recommendations. Enjoy yourself and congrats on the new baby.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
60,858 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visiting Phoenix/Sedona in late March...please help!

For scenery and serenity come to Sedona. For pool time stay in PHX.

To prepare for the life changing experience and commitment of having your first child, I would choose serenity over a sun tan every time.

For more affordable but very nice accomodations in Sedona, check the Hilton, L'Auberege, Amara, or maybe some of the better B&Bs mentioned in this forum.

Sedona, AZ
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visiting Phoenix/Sedona in late March...please help!

Well.... late April is the ideal time to be here in Sedona in terms of temperatures but not all the blossoms are out yet. If you are interested in botony just wait until it gets a little hotter in May and June and we will have a beautiful spring season. I say this because we are getting, I think enough moisture to get blossoms and late summer fruit that will make the animals happy and decide to join us on our hikes and biking adventures!

I agree with the message above. If you are here in March and wondering where to stay. I would personally pick Phoenix or Tucson. They are blooming like crazy!

7. Re: Visiting Phoenix/Sedona in late March...please help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2009, 03:15