We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st VS last week of April - when to visit?

mimetiva
Level Contributor
237 posts
6 reviews
1st VS last week of April - when to visit?

I have been following this forum for nearly 2 months to get some good info.

This will be our first time to Sedona. Staying for a week and 1 day in GC. We are going to do some hiking and biking as well as some sight seeing.

I know March is super busy with Spring breakers.

I'm just not sure when its best, weather wise & crowd wise, 1st or last week of April. Being from Texas we want some comfort and not to hot. I don't mind the cold in the evening. We want good hiking / biking weather. Well as for the crowd i guess it doesn't matter to much as long as I'm not super hot while out and about.

Please give me some advise and those 2 weeks - 1st and last week of April!?

Thanks a bunch!

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
1. Re: 1st VS last week of April - when to visit?

ITS almost may already and may is e great month for a visit but avoai Memorial weekend

mimetiva
Level Contributor
237 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: 1st VS last week of April - when to visit?

Thanks you Tet14.

I forgot to mention this is for next April of 2017.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,365 posts
22 reviews
3. Re: 1st VS last week of April - when to visit?

I would choose late April. The weather can be variable (we encountered sleet on April 30 coming into Sedona a few years ago). But it shouldn't be at all hot. I think May and October are the best months to visit, so late April would definitely work.

Edited: 25 April 2016, 15:46
Hatboro...
Level Contributor
276 posts
60 reviews
4. Re: 1st VS last week of April - when to visit?

As Mike mentioned, the weather is pretty variable. I would still go with late April of next year vs. early April. It's a nice time to be here. Town is busy but not crazy with space in restaurants even over this past weekend. This past week we had a few days in the low 80s with beautiful sunshine. Today's high is 62 and windy. The rest of this week is showing anywhere from the 60s to mid 70s for highs with lows in the 40s.

Any time is Sedona is better than most anywhere else!

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
66,610 posts
249 reviews
5. Re: 1st VS last week of April - when to visit?

Unanimous. Weather gets better later in April. It can still be cold. It will not be too hot in April, ever.

mimetiva
Level Contributor
237 posts
6 reviews
6. Re: 1st VS last week of April - when to visit?

YAY! Thanks a bunch yall!

End of April it is. My husband is super excited. He is an avid mountain biker and he can't stop talking about. We were going to fly to phoenix and rent car to Sedona but now we're gonna take a full road trip from Texas so he can take his own. Speaking of bike, crazy guy wants to buy a new one just for this trip, lol.

I will be glued to Sedona's forum till we get there....and that's an entire year from now!

As for lodging, i have 2 to choose from with my timeshare: Sedona Summit and Sedona Abrigados Resort. I think im leaning toward the Summit due to it being a lil away from the main town/strip. I like the seclusion and it also looks newer the Abrigados.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,365 posts
22 reviews
7. Re: 1st VS last week of April - when to visit?

We also have Diamond Resorts timeshare and have stayed at all the Sedona properties at one time or another. We always choose Los Abrigados if we can get it. Los Abrigados is actually much more secluded than you would think. It sits way off 179 and the grounds are very lush, with huge trees. It also has a wonderful creekside park, quiet and shaded.

Summit is on the outskirts of town, but it is not as attractive a property and I think you would actually feel less secluded there than at Los Abrigados. Speaking of which, we will be back at Los Abrigados for 5 days next week.

Edited: 25 April 2016, 19:16
mimetiva
Level Contributor
237 posts
6 reviews
8. Re: 1st VS last week of April - when to visit?

Thanks MikePin Tucson.

Is Los Abrigados newly furnished / updated? Do they have carpet? I know i may sound picky but Summit rooms looks nicer than Los Abrigados, but then again iv'e only seen them through online photos and you know how photos can be deceiving.

Thanks again

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,365 posts
22 reviews
9. Re: 1st VS last week of April - when to visit?

The bedrooms are carpeted, the living room/great room is saltillo tile, at least in the units we have stayed at. Diamond Resorts hs been going through and renovating over the past few years.

Summit is definitely newer. But, yes, photos can be deceiving, and there is no telling whether the rooms at the Summit have been renovated since it was built, or as recently as Los Abrigados.

I also like the location of Los Abrigados better. Being just below the "Y", it is more convenient to all 3 of the "exploration areas" than the Summit.

Kalispell, Montana
Destination Expert
for Glacier National Park, Santa Fe, Sedona
Level Contributor
11,051 posts
773 reviews
10. Re: 1st VS last week of April - when to visit?

Yet another vote for late April. However, if you can, I think I would look into the first and middle part of May as well.