We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how long do we need to view the 4 corners?

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
29 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
how long do we need to view the 4 corners?

how long do we need to set aside to view the 4 corners?

Four Corners Monument
Monuments & Statues, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Teec Nos Pos Trading Post
Points of Interest & Landmarks
6 replies to this topic
Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,974 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: how long do we need to view the 4 corners?

Welcome to the forums. Your time to view the corners will be far less than the time to get there and back. Unless this is on your bucket list, forget it.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
58,840 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how long do we need to view the 4 corners?

Agreeing. It will take you several hours to get there, no matter where you're coming from. Unless you get sidetracked shopping for trinkets with the natives, your time there will become boring after about 3-4 minutes.

Let us know your full itinerary. Odds are we can suggest a multitude of options that will be far more rewarding than four corners.

Phoenix
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
2,523 posts
311 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how long do we need to view the 4 corners?

I agree with the advice you've been given. It's located in the middle of no where and basically all it has to offer is a photo op which taken a couple of min. and then you're done. If it's on your route for the day and you want to stop and check it off your "been there done that" list, then ok; but otherwise I'd give it a pass.

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: how long do we need to view the 4 corners?

Ok, we spent 20 minutes both times we went and some more time because DW wanted to buy some stuff.

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
29 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: how long do we need to view the 4 corners?

It depends on when you go. During the peak of tourist season, I understand the lines to get the archetypal photo op can be pretty long in the mid-day. I went toward the evening around the Summer Solstice; I was there maybe 20 minutes, and most of the other tourists were pretty polite and convivial. You shouldn't expect much - this is basically your typical concrete plaza out in the middle of nowhere surrounded by permanent Navajo-run booths, nothing more or less. It's a pretty quick drive if you're in the Mesa Verde area, though, and it makes for a fun little stop to say you've been there.

Incidentally, one of the reviews is really way off, at least in my experience. The parking lot is gravel, but it's reasonably level, and I cannot see any reasonable driver "bottoming out." Likewise, if this is the "worst tourist trap" you've been in after travelling the world, you have led a very charmed life.

Atascadero...
Destination Expert
for Lake Powell
Level Contributor
1,506 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: how long do we need to view the 4 corners?

3 minutes. Including the bathroom stop.

Edited: 09 July 2014, 16:08
Reply to: how long do we need to view the 4 corners?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Teec Nos Pos