We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Only in Tempe for a weekend---what to do?

Which Tempe hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
85 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Only in Tempe for a weekend---what to do?

Hi, I am going to Tempe for business in a few weeks. I have never been to Arizona. I am arriving Friday night. Leaving out Monday. What are some activities to do in the Tempe area? The Grand Canyon is too far. Any other sites in Arizona? I like spas and great food. I am not athletic so hiking and biking are not for me. Anything else? We are staying in a hotel in Scottsdale.

Mesa, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Tempe
Level Contributor
1,972 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Only in Tempe for a weekend---what to do?

Check out shopping and restaurants along Mill Avenue in Tempe, in Old Towne Scottsdale, or at Scottsdale Fashion Center. Go to Desert Botanical Garden, the Heard Museum or one of the art Museums. Tour Taliesin West. Drive to the top of South Mountain. Check for events at Grady Gammage at ASU. Have fun and enjoy our weather!

Gilbert, Arizona
Level Contributor
179 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Only in Tempe for a weekend---what to do?

My favorite Valley spas: Camelback Inn, Hyatt Gainey Ranch and Sanctuary on Camelback.

We have a lot of great food in town, which I'm sure you'll see here reviewed on TripAdvisor, but in the Old Town part of Scottsdale in particular there's some very interesting restaurants. I like FNB (make a reservation) and you can visit the hidden Kazmierz Wine Bar before hand for a drink to warm up. FNB has a dish that was named by Food and Wine as one of the best in the country. I also really enjoy Olive & Ivy just a bit away, next to Scottsdale Fashion Center. In Tempe I would suggest House of Tricks which has great food and a lovely patio. Four Peaks in Tempe is a MUST visit when you're in town. Here they create beer that's a staple throughout the valley, but their food is outstanding.

3. Re: Only in Tempe for a weekend---what to do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2013, 10:15
Get answers to your questions about Tempe