We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Our Disappointing Visit to Tombstone

Which Tombstone hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
5 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Our Disappointing Visit to Tombstone

Very disappointed in our visit to Tombstone. We took our guests, visiting from St. Louis, to Tombstone today. We visited a lot of shops and bought several things. But when it was time to find a bathroom, it was a disaster. My husband spoke to one of the "greeters" dressed in western clothing. He asked where the restrooms were located. He was told to go to the parking lot three blocks away. My husband used the filthy toilet but told me not to go in. On the way back my husband told that "greeter" that the rest room was filthy. The "greeter" said, "I don't use them and I don't clean them," and then just walked away. We then walked five blocks in the other direction to the park. We were told there were restrooms there. After the hike to the park we found that the restrooms were closed for repair. I guess the folks in Tombstone don't value the visitors enough to provide a decent toilet. We decided then, that we would not stay in Tombstone for lunch. And we won't be taking any of our visitors there again soon.

Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
377 reviews
Save Reply
71. Re: Our Disappointing Visit to Tombstone

Imagine what the rest rooms were like back in the era of the shootout at the OK Corral.

Pennsylvania’s...
Level Contributor
1,652 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
72. Re: Our Disappointing Visit to Tombstone

Tombstone ....Awesome, authentic old western town....make sure to check out Big Nose Kate's Saloon...

Maybe checkout the gunfight at the OK Coral and definitely Boothill Cemetery

Lots to see here, in this old western town.....

Edited: 27 January 2014, 14:19
Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
73. Re: Our Disappointing Visit to Tombstone

Think the "shoot out" is a bit of a tourist trap but certainly don't miss the museum and Bird Cage theater.

Pennsylvania’s...
Level Contributor
1,652 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
74. Re: Our Disappointing Visit to Tombstone

Agree......different actors every other year....Bird Cage theater a real blast from the past...

Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
377 reviews
Save Reply
75. Re: Our Disappointing Visit to Tombstone

Now you know why the men of the Old West were often in such foul moods. And they carried guns. The outcome was predictable. "This toilet is filthy, sheriff!" "You used the last of the toilet paper, varmint!"

Edited: 28 January 2014, 11:22
Pennsylvania’s...
Level Contributor
1,652 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
76. Re: Our Disappointing Visit to Tombstone

where were the prisoners...either that or too many filthy ignorant people....who make the mess.. all kinds...

I can imagine the rat trap they live in....but........... they don't see it....uggggggggggggggggggggggggggggh

Edited: 28 January 2014, 14:25
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
51 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
77. Re: Our Disappointing Visit to Tombstone

hahahahaha this is one of the funniest things I've read on trip advisor.

Your trip to Tombstone was disappointing because the public bathroom was filthy???

Stopping in a restaurant or bar for a coke would have been the thing to do if you need a rest room!

Most public bathrooms are unpleasant.

I can't imagine you in the old days using the "out house".

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
78. Re: Our Disappointing Visit to Tombstone

This thread apparently is "too tough to die"

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
15,776 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
79. Re: Our Disappointing Visit to Tombstone

It has to go six months without posts before it gets closed. I've tried to get it closed. Its title is kind of defamatory. I'd rather people asked questions rather than post on a thread that starts "Our Disappointing Visit."

Get answers to your questions about Tombstone
Recent Conversations