We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which mine tour is better - Tombstone or Bisbee?

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
288 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Which mine tour is better - Tombstone or Bisbee?

We are interested in going on a mine tour and are combining a day trip to Tombstone and Bisbee. Would you recommend the Good Enough Mine Tour in Tombstone or the Queen Mine Tour in Bisbee?

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
16,457 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which mine tour is better - Tombstone or Bisbee?

I have not been on the Tombstone mine tour. It is a walking tour. The Queen Mine Tour is on a little tram through the mine with stops. I would prefer the Queen Mine Tour. The other has some poor reviews.

West Yellowstone...
Destination Expert
for Flagstaff, West Yellowstone
Level Contributor
2,318 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which mine tour is better - Tombstone or Bisbee?

We did the Queen Mine Tour a few years back. it was interesting and fun.

Marina, California
Destination Expert
for Tucson
Level Contributor
6,374 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which mine tour is better - Tombstone or Bisbee?

Tombstone's is a silver mine. Bisbee's is copper. Tombstone does not go nearly as deep as Bisbee's. That said, The Copper Queen Mine tour can be very intimidating for claustrophobia or little kids. The Good Enough, like most things in Tombstone, is very touristy. At the Copper Queen, you get tour guides who actually worked in the mine.

West Yellowstone...
Destination Expert
for Flagstaff, West Yellowstone
Level Contributor
2,318 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which mine tour is better - Tombstone or Bisbee?

Good summary, Colin. Thanks for the reminder- yes our guide at Queen Mine had actually worked as a miner.

There is also an accompanying museum which my father-in-law (in his late 70s at the time) enjoyed very much. As I recall, both the museum and the mine entrance are located close enough to town to walk if one so desires.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
2,272 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which mine tour is better - Tombstone or Bisbee?

I really enjoy the Queen Mine Tour and museum too. Been there two or three times. Haven't been to the Good Enough tour.

6. Re: Which mine tour is better - Tombstone or Bisbee?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 February 2014, 20:15
Get answers to your questions about Tombstone
Recent Conversations