We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tombstone Fees

Which Tombstone hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Edmonds, Washington
Level Contributor
17 posts
205 reviews
Save Topic
Tombstone Fees

How much should we plan on spending for a day trip for 2 adults. Would like to get an idea of how much things cost, or if they do. I know this is a loaded question, with everybody having different interests.

Are there fees for all the different attractions?

Thanks in advance.

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
15,635 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tombstone Fees

http://www.tombstoneweb.com/attractions.html

Things that happen on the street are free. Someone may pass around a hat for donations. The Courthouse Museum costs $5/adults, $2/children.

Edited: 18 February 2014, 20:57
Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,803 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tombstone Fees

Skip the OK Corral gunfight reenactment. Visit the courthouse and the Bird Cage Theater. Do the self-guided tour of the theater. If I recall correctly, it is $5.

Lunch -- try the Longhorn restaurant. Depending on whether you have beer or wine, lunch would be under $10.

Boot Hill Cemetery is free, but they do have a box for donations. A couple of bucks is fine, if you want to donate.

While walking down the street, check for streetside plaques that tell about the buildings and about events/gunfights that happened there.

There are also stagecoach rides around town and the drivers give a narrative about Tombstone and about the buildings. I think those are $20 per person, plus tip. Nothing special, unless you feel you want to do it.

There is also the Goodenough mine tour. It was interesting -- walking tour -- I forget what it cost, maybe $15+. Again, nothing that I would consider as something you must do.

Also lots of shops selling souvenirs / western clothing / hats / boots.

So, really, you can get by spending around $20 per person, including lunch.

Edited: 18 February 2014, 21:20
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
6,594 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tombstone Fees

Make it a overnight ... Spend the evening in Bisbee ! carracar

4. Re: Tombstone Fees

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 May 2015, 15:15
Get answers to your questions about Tombstone
Recent Conversations