We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spring Break in Costa Rica

Arkansas
Level Contributor
86 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Spring Break in Costa Rica

I have been to Costa Rica numerous times and just love it! My husband and I are wanting to take our 4 and 10 year old down for Spring Break, Saturday to Saturday. We love the Fortuna area but are thinking maybe we should just head to the coast and spend the week in the Dominical area. We love zip lining, waterfalls and snorkeling. Would you suggest staying in the mountains or close to the beach? We are also trying to decide between Uvita and Dominical. Would appreciate any feedback. Thanks!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
50,307 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spring Break in Costa Rica

I love UVITA…you can look for a nice RBO many great houses …with incredible views….

Maybe you can drive from SJO to Dota and then down to Uvita…good combination…forest and beach…

roadadvisor

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
9,174 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spring Break in Costa Rica

We wanted to go to Uvita for a day trip to visit the Ballena Park, etc., but threads like this one made us worried, so we cancelled: https://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g635755… .

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
50,307 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spring Break in Costa Rica

Please enjoy Uvita …as many thousands of visitors do it daily…as any tourist area good things and bad one…but around there mostly good…

By the way great road to get to Uvita…to go up to she hotels is mandatory you drive a 4x4.

roadadisor

Playa Guiones...
Destination Expert
for Nosara
Level Contributor
2,535 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Spring Break in Costa Rica

Dominical is not a very pretty beach and is really not good at all for swimming....better for surfing. Petty crime can and does happen everywhere, but that does not necessarily mean it will happen to you. Does not mean it won't either. Should be safer to go on guided/group tours to area waterfalls as opposed to walking on your own.

5. Re: Spring Break in Costa Rica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2018, 05:18