We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Finca Lagunas - accommodation - anyone know it?

Tring, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
22 reviews
Finca Lagunas - accommodation - anyone know it?

Hi. I am planning a trip to Costa Rica for three weeks from 22nd March. I have received a great quote from Finca Lagunas, about 10 minutes north of Dominical but can't find any information about the place on-line. Does anyone know of it?

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
54 reviews
1. Re: Finca Lagunas - accommodation - anyone know it?

Very basic cabinas in the hills 10-15 minutes from the beach

Lots better options like Roca Verde unless budget is severe.

Dominical, Costa...
Level Contributor
508 posts
8 reviews
2. Re: Finca Lagunas - accommodation - anyone know it?

I know Fina Lagunas. It is in a remote area with beautiful, serene valley views (although just a 10 minute drive into Dominical, 5 minutes from the small pueblo of Baru). It is a sort of "spiritual" feeling place. It is very private and full of nature. A quiet, peaceful place and a good area for hiking and birding.

Roca Verde is a completely different experience. There is loud, throbbing music most nights. Its near the coastal highway with its associated truck noise. There are more people passing through Roca Verde so its more of a "happening place" if that's what you want. If you want to be close to the youthful party scene, interaction with people and partying, Roca Verde is fine.

If you are seeking a peaceful, nature experience - then Finca Lagunas is better. You'll need a rental car to stay there, of course, since its not "near" anything..

If being very near the water is important - Roca Verde is not the only, and in my opinion, not the best option in the budget range.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
50,883 posts
41 reviews
3. Re: Finca Lagunas - accommodation - anyone know it?

I like Finca Lagunas...humble , basic place...far from everything...

Luis

Tring, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
22 reviews
4. Re: Finca Lagunas - accommodation - anyone know it?

Thanks so much everyone for your advice. We have done some more hunting and are now looking at Shelter from the Storm - a bit of a change!! This is our first visit to CR and we are looking forward to it very much. Thanks again for taking the time to offer your great advice.

5. Re: Finca Lagunas - accommodation - anyone know it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 May 2010, 06:18