We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Canopy Tour

Manassas, VA
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Canopy Tour

In August we will be staying at the Flying Toucans and it will be our first trip to Costa Rica. We are very excited. We are a family of four and are intereted in doing a canopy tour. I am looking at going to OSA, do you know how far that is from Dominical? Also my husband is a big man, do you know the weight limit to the canopy tour? To be honest, I am somewhat afraid of doing something like this, but if I don't do it, I am sure I will regret it.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
3,186 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Canopy Tour

We did the aerial tram canopy tour. Don't think the weight would be a problem as you ride in a tram, though it might mean taking two trams. I'm not sure about the tours in which you "swing through the jungle" on your own. CR is an incredible destination for families -- one of the most exciting trips we've ever taken!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,644 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Canopy Tour

From Dominical to Puerto Jimenez...about 3 hours...

From Dominical to Carate beach by one of the entrances of OSA, Corcovado national PArk...about 4 hours! Even less!

roadadvisor

Boston...
Level Contributor
904 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Canopy Tour

I did it 6 weeks ago and it was one of the best parts of my trip. Drive is about 45 minutes from Dominical. Enjoyed being up in the trees as much as the zipping. The views are just incredible. If you do it, tell Stephanie and Chris that Ken says hi. I don't think there is a weight limit but shoot Chris and email just to be sure.

chrispuravida@yahoo.com

http://www.osacanopytour.com/

Boston...
Level Contributor
904 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Canopy Tour

"To be honest, I am somewhat afraid of doing something like this, but if I don't do it, I am sure I will regret it."

Don't be afraid, you'll really enjoy it.

Manassas, VA
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Canopy Tour

Thanks everyone for your comments. I did find out that there is a weight limit of 245 pounds for the OSA canopy tour.

Boston...
Level Contributor
904 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Canopy Tour

Still going?

Manassas, VA
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Canopy Tour

Yes, we do plan on going. I will just jump and close my eyes and then open them to enjoy the view! My kids will love it, I am sure. Again thanks for your responses.

Boston...
Level Contributor
904 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Canopy Tour

Let us know what you thought when you get back.

Have fun and enjoy the ride up the mountain!

Ken

9. Re: Canopy Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2010, 05:18