We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

diving

Winter Garden...
Level Contributor
144 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
diving

How is the diving with Mystic Dive Center? Wanting to go to Cano Island Reserve. Thanks

Dominical, Costa...
Level Contributor
508 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: diving

I have no personal experience with Mystic, but have had guests use them with much satisfaction. Another option in the area is is Southern Expeditions. I have been on their snorkeling trips and been very impressed with their informative and safety conscious guides. They also do diving trips to Cano.

southernexpeditionscr.com/scuba-diving-at-ca…

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
49,025 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: diving

I also heard good things about Southern Expeditions...nothing at all about Mystic...of course that does not mean they are not good!

roadadvisor

Orlando, Florida
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: diving

In regards to diving I have heard Southern Expedition not being a strictly diving operation is not the best in the area.

On the other hand I've heard good things about Mad About Diving in Uvita which is 20min away and Costa Rica Dive and Surf in Dominical

Mentioned in this post
Uvita
Uvita
Province of Puntarenas, Costa Rica
Uvita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Uvita, Ojochal
Level Contributor
2,649 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: diving

I am familiar via our guests who used Southern Expeditions, Mystic Dive Centre & Mad about Diving. All three are great!

It is true Southern expeditions is not strictly diving but they are well established and the guides are well experienced and good equipment. Now Southern Expeditions can only cater to certified Divers, Mystic and Mad about Diving are PADI instructors and can provide courses to get you certified as well as get you to the next level.

Winter Garden...
Level Contributor
144 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: diving

thanks, we are certified divers, my daughter being a dive master. I think we may skip diving in CR as Cano is a drive from where we will be in MA, too early to get up and from MA too expensive.

San Isidro del...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: diving

Oceans Unlimited in Manuel Antonio does Isla Cano tours. Call and ask for Georgia, Bob or Scott when their next trip is. The ride across to the island is also a fun part of the experience, dolphins, flying fish, turtles breeching, etc. Plus you won't have to get up quite so early. It is THE best diving in Costa Rica. I have been there twice with Mystic Dive Center, the first time getting my Open Water certification, the second time with just the divemaster and myself playing with the sharks.

Mentioned in this post
Manuel Antonio
Manuel Antonio
Province of Puntarenas, Costa Rica
Costa Rica
Costa Rica
Central America
7. Re: diving

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2012, 02:16