We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dinner near Dominical Sunday night?

NYC
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Topic
Dinner near Dominical Sunday night?

Hey guys-

My boyfriend and I will be visiting Dominical for the second time in March. We'll be driving down from Liberia and probably won't be arriving until ~9pm Sunday night. Does anyone know of a place that might still be open on a Sunday around that time to get some grub?

Thanks for the help!

Claire

Uvita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Uvita, Ojochal
Level Contributor
2,649 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dinner near Dominical Sunday night?

San Clemente or Rum Bar both will be open in Dominical at that time. Also Tortilla Flats.

NYC
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Dinner near Dominical Sunday night?

Thank you so much!

Punta Uva, Costa...
Level Contributor
6,874 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dinner near Dominical Sunday night?

I'm still amazed that some people still drive at night over long distances in Costa Rica. I have Tico friends familiar with driving on the highways that will never attempt it. good Luck!

NYC
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Dinner near Dominical Sunday night?

I worry about this as well!

We get in at 2:00 into Liberia and are estimating 5 hours to the Dominical area. Assuming the sun goes down about 6 (not sure if this is accurate?) we'll hopefully only be driving the dark for an hour or so. We'll head to the house, unpack, and drive only a short distance to get dinner!

Uvita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Uvita, Ojochal
Level Contributor
2,649 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dinner near Dominical Sunday night?

The last hour you will be driving from Quepos to Dominical, good road just keep an eye out at pedestrians on the road, bikes without lights and wildlife.

Punta Uva, Costa...
Level Contributor
6,874 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dinner near Dominical Sunday night?

That won't be so bad, like Thomas said be careful on that last stretch of road. I thought you were driving in at 9pm, local driving should be no problem.

7. Re: Dinner near Dominical Sunday night?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 02:41