We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10 day trip for adventurous mother and daughter

Scottsville...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
10 day trip for adventurous mother and daughter

I am traveling with two college age daughters and would like to travel around and not stay in one spot for more than a few nights. We are on limited budget and are looking four sightseeing ,hiking rainforest ,waterfalls ,relaxing on the beach and good meals. we are flying into San Jose and out of San Jose.

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
10,900 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 10 day trip for adventurous mother and daughter

Well there are endless options! We really enjoyed Villas Alturas in Dominical. Great spot to chill and enjoy nature overlooking the Pacific. Fun options to explore waterfalls, tilapia farms, diamante verde awesome day trip and so much more!

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
15,277 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 10 day trip for adventurous mother and daughter

Due to long travel times between locations, you should allocate at least 3 nights to each one. So in your time frame, max. 3 locations to visit. You can start your research with Arenal, Sarapiqui and Puerto Viejo itinerary.

Kill Devil Hills...
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 10 day trip for adventurous mother and daughter

Thanks so much! Anyone know the best place to find beautiful waterfalls?

Kill Devil Hills...
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 10 day trip for adventurous mother and daughter

Awesome!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,396 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 10 day trip for adventurous mother and daughter

Some nice wáter falls around Dominical Uvita!

roadadvisor

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
15,277 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 10 day trip for adventurous mother and daughter

A couple of them also around Puerto Viejo but those behind Dominical/Uvita are higher.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
438 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 10 day trip for adventurous mother and daughter

You guys have to go to Río Celeste, you will enjoy a beautiful waterfall, this water is ligth blue.

Kill Devil Hills...
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: 10 day trip for adventurous mother and daughter

Thanks! It is on my list!! We are staying in Fortuna, do you know if I booked a room close enough? After that so far I am thinking of heading to Playa Grande for 3 nights then to Montezuma for a night the ferry to Jaco and then I need to hit Puntarenas for a night to meet my daughters host mom and see where she has been going to school for the past 2 months. If anyone has any thoughts on this please share! I am looking forward to this getaway with my daughters and want little stress.

9. Re: 10 day trip for adventurous mother and daughter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 25 March 2014, 18:36
Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 10 day trip for adventurous mother and daughter

sherry: You might want to scale back your plans a bit. Going from Playa Grande to Montezuma for only one night doesn't make sense, really, because of the time it takes to get there. On the map, it doesn't look so bad - but take a look here: www.yourtravelmap.com and you will see what I mean. You will have time to check in, hit the beach, have dinner, sleep and then get up the next morning and do it all over again.

Better to just go to Montezuma from Arenal and spend your beach time there.