We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aguila de Osa

Which Drake Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Herradura, Costa...
Level Contributor
318 posts
122 reviews
Save Topic
Aguila de Osa

After much reseach, many emails sent and the like, we have decided on Aguila de Osa for our stay in the Osa.

Now, I would like to know if anyone has any tips/suggestions, etc. for our stay there. We are staying in a standard room (with two beds as there are three of us travelling). Any particular room number that is better, or any room that gets a better view that I should request?

We are currently signed up for three tours--Corcovado, the Mangrove tour, and the Night Tour. Any others at this resort that are a *must*? I am very into photography and animals/nature, so any tour where I can combine those two loves would be awesome.

Any suggestions would be great. Thanks in advance.

California
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Aguila de Osa

Hi There,

Aguila is lovely, you will love it!

If the weather is nice, meaning there has not been too much rain I suggest the Cano Island tour. This is one of the top tours around but if it has been raining the visibility is not so great.

Sounds like your going to have a great trip.

Summer Dawn

www.drakebaytravels.com

Panajachel...
Level Contributor
726 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aguila de Osa

Take every opportunity to visit the park. Tracy the Bug Lady does a wonderful job on the night walks. I had a good day out fishing when I was there. We caught tuna and dorado and swam with dolphins.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Aguila de Osa

Snorkeling here is a must! I went a while back and saw an incredible amount of aquatic life- a whale, sea turtles, tons of fish and sharks! I also stayed in Aguila de Osa and had a wonderful experience.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
43 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aguila de Osa

I was in Drake Bay last week, staying near Aquila (which looks like a nice property and the two women I met who were staying there were very happy with it). We went on the Corcovado tour to the first ranger station but were unable to take the tour to the Sirena station because one member of our group cannot ride in a boat for an hour and a half. However, if you can take a long boat ride, all of the people at our resort who took the Sirena trip saw many more animals than we found at the first station. Don't get me wrong, we saw a lot and had a great hike, but those who went to Sirena on two different days saw all four types of monkeys and tapirs.

The weather was awful and the water extremely rough for our Cano island tour and it was not very good for us. BUT there is a pod of whales near the island that were very cool to see. Just be prepared for a very damp and unique experience: it is totally worth it.

There are also horseback riding trips you can do and there is a hiking path to a nice little swimming beach about 10-15 minutes away. You will not be bored!

5. Re: Aguila de Osa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 21:20