We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with lodging

Which Drake Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
kansas
Level Contributor
76 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Help with lodging

Want rainforest and beach in Drake Bay. Can't decide between Casa Corcovado, La Paloma or Aguilla de osa. Not sure if all have beach access. Want good food as well.

California
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with lodging

Hi -

Casa Corcovado is up a very steep hill far from the beach, amazing views though. You have to take a tractor to the beach, and it is a rocky beach, not for swimming. This hotel is up in a more open area, not so much right in the jungle, large lawns and open grounds.

La Paloma and Aguila are both a 10 minute or less walk to the ocean (on a nice path) and you can walk to many beaches from rocky to smooth and sandy, also more in the jungle than Casa. You have jungle all around your accommodations rather than open space.

Both Aguila and La Paloma have great food

Pass any questions my way,

Summer Dawn

www.drakebaytravels.com

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with lodging

www.jinetesdeosa.com maybe for me...

kansas
Level Contributor
76 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with lodging

Thanks for the info! I was trying to plan this trip in conjuction with 4 days in the Liberia area, but the hotels in the Drake Bay area will only fly you back to San Jose. Is it a far taxi drive from San Jose to Liberia area?

Herradura, Costa...
Level Contributor
318 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with lodging

I just returned from a trip over the Labor Day holidays to Drake. I had an amazing time (my trip report is posted here: http://haskellfamily.blogspot.com/2008/09/labor-day-trip.html).

We stayed at Aguila de Osa. Service was amazing. Both Carlos and Vincent were incredible, as well as the rest of the staff. Everything we wanted was taken care of. Aguila has beach access, but you must take a short hike to get there (it IS through the rain forest though, LOL). The food was awesome. We are vegetarians (eat seafood though), and they accomodated us every meal.

Have fun, the Osa is amazing.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help with lodging

Yes, kansas, it is a far taxi ride from SJO to Liberia! You would want to take another puddle jumper from SJO to Liberia. You could also check times on Interbus transfer or set up a private driver. As far as beach and rainforest you could also research an option like staying 3 nights at Iguana Lodge and 3 nights at Bosque del Cabo and have the best of both worlds.

kansas
Level Contributor
76 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help with lodging

Thanks for the great info. I can't decide b/w La Paloma or Aguila de Osa. I think we will just stay the 5 days in one location with 1 day on either end in San Jose for traveling purposes. Don't want to over do it traveling with a 12 and 9 year old. Oh, and I know we won't be in Kansas anymore! LOL We have been to Manuel Antonio last x-mas and loved it, but a little too crowded.

7. Re: Help with lodging

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2009, 19:17