We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Josecito beach

Missouri
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
San Josecito beach

Does anyone know if it is possible to walk to San Josecito beach from the some of the resorts north of the Rio Claro? Is it possible to ford the Rio Claro, or is it too wide and deep?

Thanx in advance if you have any info.

Cano Island
Islands, Nature & Wildlife Areas
Naturaseekers
Forests, National Parks, Nature & Wildlife Areas, Hiking Trails
Grants Pass Or.
Level Contributor
364 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: San Josecito beach

I have walked from Poormans Paradise to San Josecito beach. When we were there the rumor was that Mel Gibson had bought the very popular beach. I am not sure Were the Rio Claro is in relation to the beach.

This beach has excellent snorkeling.

Missouri
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: San Josecito beach

Thank you for that info, but I think that Poormans Paradise is south of Rio Claro. Thanx anyway.

Nederland, Colorado
Level Contributor
291 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: San Josecito beach

Yes, we've hiked from the park all the way to Drake Bay, fording the Rio Claro at low-ish tide. Sometimes at high tide there is a guy with a canoe who'll take you across for a fee.

Check tide tables during your stay.

Missouri
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: San Josecito beach

Good idea. I don't want to get caught on the wrong side of the Rio Claro.

5. Re: San Josecito beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 03:16